P90x

Options
Thinking of starting p90x. what are your thoughts. And did you stick to their ddetails or did ur own? Thanx.

Replies

• tymjennings
    tymjennings Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started 21 day fix first to get into the Routine so I'm not giving cause it's too hard
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings. I did P90x a long time ago as a gateway back into fitness. Tony Horton is a pretty good motivator, and the program is pretty decent, especially for pullup training. I found the leg work to be a bit light, but overall the workouts have decent compound movements.

I found some of the workouts to be lengthy (yoga for 90 minutes) and others to be pointless (kempo) so I started eliminating them. Once I did this I found there really are only a handful of workouts. After hearing Tony make the same jokes for the 7th time I started getting bored, and eventually moved on.

You didn't mention your fitness level or goals. If you're just getting off your couch and looking for a decent all around program P90x isn't a bad choice, but I wouldn't recommend it for life.
  • mina02us
    mina02us Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank guys. I just started working out about a month ago and lost about 10 pounds. I have about 25% body fat and trying to get down to 15.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great goals. I'm guessing you already have nutrition in check. If not you'll probably have a tough time of it. Good luck!
  • mina02us
    Options
    Thank you. I'm working on some adjustments with my diet. But logging everything which sees to be working. Thanx guys.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I did P90X3, and successfully completed it. I followed the classic schedule, plus I usually did zumba once per week and walked my dog 3 to 5 days a week. At 1st I didnt diet and gained 2 lbs. I didn't follow the P90X diet, but started counting calories on MFP. Then the weight started falling off.

I lost 30 lbs in the 90 day program. When I started, I couldn't do 1 push up on my toes. By the end, I could do 10 sets of 18.... all on my toes! Not only was I losing weight, I got very fit.

I've since become a runner and do weight training at the gym. However, P90X3 was a great program to get me started and I did get fit quick!
  • mina02us
    Options
    GGrea. Awsome job and hopefully I loose 30 lbs to :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I did a while back. It was fine. I didn't get the results that their people supposedly got - I don't believe anyone truly does.

Like the poster above, it got annoying to hear the same lame jokes over and over and over. After a few weeks, I just turned the volume down and played music. The log sheet was in front of me, and I could see the video, so I didn't really need to hear what he was saying.