Vegan/Vegetarian?

Options
Any folks out there that are vegan or vegetarian? I am currently in the process of transitioning into a plant-based lifestyle. I could use some new peeps to follow for motivation! <3

Replies

• NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes! Love it- send me a friend request if you want, and any other vegans out there. I'm a longtime vegetarian, and vegan for about 2 years now.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan , there are groups for vegans and vegetarians on here you can find

Good place to find friends and ideas
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! Feel free to friend me :)
  • PricillaKorea
    PricillaKorea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegan but 100% vegetarian! Feel free to add me!
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am omnivore but I am trying to reduce animal food little by little.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but: I find it hard to hit my 20% protein goal everyday without using meat/fish or at least egg and dairy... does any of you have any suggestion or example for me?
    Also, you might need to know that my goal is to eat 1300 cals per day, I often go a little above when I exercise.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help :)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but: I find it hard to hit my 20% protein goal everyday without using meat/fish or at least egg and dairy... does any of you have any suggestion or example for me?
    Also, you might need to know that my goal is to eat 1300 cals per day, I often go a little above when I exercise.

I love dairy alternatives, like Alpro alternative to yogurt and soya milk. Tofu, Quorn and many beans & pulses contain protein, and don't be fooled by foods labelled high protein like cereals as they only contain 1 or 2 grams more and have more fat and sugar added as well. I do still eat fish and eggs for protein, but don't eat any other meat or any dairy.
  • Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, partly vegan. Very little egg, dairy a few times a week. Lots of fresh and baked veggies, tons of beans.
  • anniebass68
    anniebass68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm vegan (have been for over a year) and love making new vegan friends so send me a request! I've finally nailed down my vegan diet after a lot of trial and error.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I try to eat mostly vegan vegetarian but do still eat meat I try to avoid dairy. I'm more flexitarian.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I don't know if you're still interested, but i wrote a list about protein sources for vegans and vegetarians. I can PM it to you because i've also struggled with this as a vegetarian who just cut out dairy (because of a lactose intolerance). Just let me know!

P.S. I have seen many other websites with "lists" like these, but most include really poor quality protein sources like oats, nuts, and seeds which have less than 10 grams of protein per 100g of weight. Additionally, most lack complete amino acid profiles. ;)
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Beans, yogurt, protein smoothie.

• dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Pescetarian here but I eat fish very occasionally. My diet is mainly vegan, with occasional cheese and eggs.
  • holysaltwat3r
    holysaltwat3r Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just began transitioning back into vegetarianism after failing this last time. I'm logging my food for a project I'm doing that shows why people should switch to Vegetarianism/Veganism
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Take a look at this list: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/926789

It should help, at least as a starting point of how to get more protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I'm not a full time vegetarian, but I eat a substantively vegetarian diet...if you're actually trying to go vegan, it's probably going to be a lot harder to hit your protein targets than if you're vegetarian...most vegetarians that I know are ovo-lacto so things like dairy and eggs/egg whites provide for a good bit of their protein...I know they are a big part of my diet. I also eat a lot of lentils and beans which are also typically a mainstay of vegetarian and vegan diets.

I do eat "meat" once per day (usually dinner) 2-3 days per week depending...mostly wild caught salmon, cod, or shrimp...
  • Jinsenj
    Jinsenj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I don't know if you're still interested, but i wrote a list about protein sources for vegans and vegetarians. I can PM it to you because i've also struggled with this as a vegetarian who just cut out dairy (because of a lactose intolerance). Just let me know!

P.S. I have seen many other websites with "lists" like these, but most include really poor quality protein sources like oats, nuts, and seeds which have less than 10 grams of protein per 100g of weight. Additionally, most lack complete amino acid profiles. ;)

Any chance u can pm this to me also. My daughter has been a vegetarian for 2 years now she is 9. I'm always looking for better protein options for her