Breakdowns during workouts

Does anyone ever feel like having a break down when your trying to workout or getting emotional. Like you sometimes just wanna sit down and cry because of certain things you just cant physically do yet and it irritates you?

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    No...I would consider a different activity. Something I really like that burns a ton of calories.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Yes!! I find that when I am doing some things on the Wii Fit with the Biggest Loser game - I get frustrated and want to cry/scream. I admit patience is not my virtue lol
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Omg yes! I'm glad someone else feels the same! I keep at it though, because I know I'll keep building up until I can do it with much more ease :)
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    some people work out to clear their minds, i cant do that if i have something bugging me i dont work out as hard as i normally do.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    I haven't been to that point in exercise yet. I try not to frustrate myself since I'm just a beginner when it comes to exercise and MFP.
    But I do understand how you feel and all I can say is .. DO IT! CRYYYYYY long and hard. Then pick yourself up and try again!
    You're bound to get to the fitness you want with every challenge. HAVE A GREAT DAY! :flowerforyou:
  • What activities are you doing when you get these emotions? Running, lifting, or classes?
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Never!
  • when I do Zumba and i feel my fat moving it makes me so upset but I just remember that if I keep going everyday that soon I wont have to feel it anymore :) just try to stick with it and push through but if it really bothers you try something that doesn't make you feel bad about yourself :flowerforyou:
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    I will get frustrated when there are things I can't do that I want to, but usually it makes me mad so it will get my adrenaline flowing and I'll push hard through the rest of my work out. Rawr
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    I used to get like that when I did step classes but I did have a tonne of stuf going on in my life at the time. I had to stop going in the end as it got a bit embarrassing running off to the loo for a cry every class.

Sorry I can't be more help maybe trying something else might help I think a lot of my problem was to do with self confidence and the fact I never normally cry about anything
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    What activities are you doing when you get these emotions? Running, lifting, or classes?

Mainly running
  • All the time! Just try to focus your mind on positive thoughts. For me I am irritated because I can't run due to an IT Band injury. So when I work out and want to cry because I am stuck on the Cross-ramp/elliptical trainer, I just think.... "Well, if I do this and keep my level of fitness up, I wont have to start from square one when my leg heals!" That sometimes helps. Lame, I know... But sometimes it helps being your own cheerleader! =) Just remember to keep it up, because all things come in time. You will get there! When I started running, a mile seemed insanely overwhelming... But pre-injury I was running ten miles with ease... But this did not happen over night, it took a long time... nearly 8 months, if not more!

Hang in there!
  • Gessa007
    Gessa007 Posts: 50
    Thanks everyone for the replys glad im not the only one!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    I workout for stress relief! So if I feel like crying or screaming it has nothing to do with the workout! I enjoy exercising, though I do yell at Jillian Michaels or Denise Austin every once in a while! I love chalenging myself with something new or difficult. That is probably from my karate days where I was always being told to push harder. Usually laughing is what I wind up doing when things are tough. I find myself funny when trying to learn something new!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    when I do Zumba and i feel my fat moving it makes me so upset but I just remember that if I keep going everyday that soon I wont have to feel it anymore :) just try to stick with it and push through but if it really bothers you try something that doesn't make you feel bad about yourself :flowerforyou:

Me too and this didn't used to be my prob and I used to be able to move better. I keep pushing through it too or do simple modifications until I get stronger, but not do less movement. It will change soon and once you finally are able to do that activity, you feel soooo much better than you felt bad...

When I want to scream during home workouts, I do...My family knows it's because Im putting my heart into it and I need to let those emotions out. Those emotional blockages can often slow down or stop your weight loss. Good luck.
  • HA HA HA YES. I work out so hard when Im upset of stressed though. Ill push so hard for a few seconds that Ill stop and cry. Gasp for air for a bit and MAN is it a great release. No worries girl. Just nned to relieve some emotion and stress.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    I don't get sad, I get mad and start swearing at the TV. It used to freak my dogs out but now they just curl up on the couch and watch me. I think they're amused.
  • kdub_nyc
    kdub_nyc Posts: 18 Member
    Yeah, I find that when I'm in the middle of a hard workout I'll sometimes think of things from the past that bothered me, a friend of mine told me that happens to her when she does yoga.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Never!

...Well that response was helpful...
  • You may want to try using an elliptical or a stationary bike. These have less impact and are less draining on your body. Once you feel comfortable with these cardio machines, have had a chance to build some endurance, and have had your muscles acclimated to that type of workout; try running again.