moving the scales around the bathroom floor...

Options
suz74
suz74 Posts: 77 Member
anyone move their scales about a bit to get them to show you a happier number? No? Just me then *looks embarrassed*

Replies

• giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I have been told that once you weigh yourself you should keep the scale in the exact same place to be accurate.
    Mine sits on a certain tile in the bathroom to keep accuracy.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    hahahaha, i moved it around the bathroom about 6 times this morning just to make sure i was reading the correct number b/c i was sooo happy!! LOL
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I used to do that a lot, actually. Now, it's in the same spot every time because it isn't just about a happier number for me, anymore. It's for an accurate one. I don't want to have the happier number unless I deserve it.

It's not a weird thing to do, though.
  • militarywife100
    Options
    i never really noticed that...ill have to try it....i weighed myself on carpet once and it said i weight 78lbs...hahahahah
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Haha! No, I do quite the opposite. I try and get my scales in as close to the exact same spot every week. I think I'm obsessed with consistent readings. I even get a little annoyed if it's an hour different to the usual time!

OCD? Probably...
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I value consistency more than a lower number. It's a real bummer when I weigh once, then weighnagain anfew seconds later and get a different number. Moving the scale will give me various answers, depending on where I move it. So I keep it fixed in one spot, weigh every day and always log the lowest number.
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    LOL- I have done that before too!! Now if only I can do that with my doctors scale- LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh :flowerforyou:
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I DO IT TOO! I weigh myself three times and use the lowest number :bigsmile:
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I do it but just to be sure that the number I get is accurate
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I value consistency more than a lower number. It's a real bummer when I weigh once, then weighnagain anfew seconds later and get a different number. Moving the scale will give me various answers, depending on where I move it. So I keep it fixed in one spot, weigh every day and always log the lowest number.

I usually log the higher number if it's flickering between 2 pounds.. Preference I guess...
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Haha! I never even thought of doing that! :devil: Til now...Mwahaha
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Nope, Mine stays right next to a bay window. Weighing is done in the nude. Sowwy nabor...lol.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have been told that once you weigh yourself you should keep the scale in the exact same place to be accurate.
    Mine sits on a certain tile in the bathroom to keep accuracy.
    Not to be super nit-picky but that's about precision, not accuracy :)

But she is right - you can wiggle the scale and do all kinds of things to change "the number" but deep down your mind knows what really happened. I try to look at it as either an accomplishment (when good) or a challenge (when bad)... but that's really up to you

**EDIT - also it should be on a flat, hard surface (not carpet) to minimize variability
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    LOL! I've done it. I've also kicked it if I don't like the number I see (expletives included as well)!!!
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I try to leave it in the same spot, but I do weigh 4-6 times, to make sure the reading is accurate, too.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 5 times every morning after I pee, and I take the lowest number =]
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i KEEP MOVING IT UNTIL i SEE THE NUMBERS i WANT !!! lol I EVEN TAKE IT TO DIFFERENT ROOM ...IM NUTTS LIKE THAT !~
  • Taicort
    Taicort Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ive totally done it!! Not to get a happier number necessarily.... just to get an average. My scale is a little old so its hard to get a truly accurate number. i move the scale till the little pointer is as close to the zero as i can get it.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I noticed it will sometimes give me a different reading if I put it in a different spot, but it's not a huge difference, and one pound here and there is not enough to make or break my day, haha.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I never thought about that! I'll have to try it. Though my husband will probably not be pleased if I insist on keeping the scale in the middle of the bathroom. "But honey, the scale is happiest there..."