When did you finally decide to get healthy?

Options
2»

Replies

• morganginga
    morganginga Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Constant digestive problems that lead to visiting a GI doc. Once they examined everything and there was no physical cause for the constant nausea. Also on the follow up visit having to weigh in and seeing it at 216. At my heaviest I weighed 222 and I did NOT want to set a 'new' record. At 31 years old I decided enough was enough. I wanted to have energy again and feel good. One of the GI docs showed me the MFP on her iPhone. I had been looking mainly for a way to track exercise, but this did everything I was looking for and more! A month later I'm 11 lbs down (let's hope TOM doesn't mess with that) and feeling better.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    In the span of 1 week I turned 30, had my second child, and weighed over 300 for the first time.

It was a very busy week, and probably was just what I needed to get started.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    About 11 weeks ago.
    Reasons:
    Getting married next April. Those pictures will sit on the mantel piece forever, got to look my best!
    Facing the point of having to accept a 36" waist when I never really accepted a 34" one.
    Realising I couldn't really class myself as a skinny bloke anymore.
    An overweight BMI by about 18 pounds.
    This picture:

210814_10150572343545538_541955537_18097667_5773245_o.jpg

I know it's not massively overweight, just a bit chubby, but it upset me a bit.
  • ElaKuz
    ElaKuz Posts: 49
    Options
    I was asked to be in a friend's wedding and I was going to have to see my ex boyfriend and a billion old friends! I didn't want to look like crap in the wedding, so I started my journey!

I still can't believe there is someone here with my exact same story...

Asked to be in wedding
    Found out my ex will be there and that he is now dating...
    Took the first step!
    :)
  • ElaKuz
    ElaKuz Posts: 49
    Options
    I had three things happen within a week of each other:

First: I had a glutonnous day of beer and burgers and fries, while out with friends we had men join our table... one spent the whole evening talking to me and then near the end asked my friend out for dinner (of course she being skinny and me not). My retaliation was to come home and order garlic bread and pizza at 1am... and eat both. THat night I had the most GOD AWFUL food poisoning... I didn't know which was was up, I almost called for an ambulance and at that moment I made a vow that I would never order pizza out of emotional pain agin because I had officiallly had enough of the physical pain it brought as a consequence...

Second: I was at a NKOTB concert and while attempting to leave for a cigarette the gentleman who was scanning my ticket aske me if I knew what my pendant meant. I didn't. He was wearing the same symbol and told me it meant new beginnings. We chatted for a bit and he let me out. On my way back in it turned out my ticket hadn't scanned properly and the guy yelled over to the gentleman and asked if I was ok (he meant o go in) and the man replied "yeah, she's fine, she has new beginnings' . That same night Donnie told me he loved me and my ex texted me he's still in love with me and I finally realized I loved myself!

Third: My close friend asked me to be in her wedding party. The gown is stunning, the guests will include my ex and the fire that all this burned inside me just was insane...

All three things happened within a week of each other starting Tuesday and ending Monday... I realized I could no longer ignore the signs, it was time and I was finally ready.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I met a 6 year old who weighed 55lbs. When I realized I had to lose her weight (actually, more) in body fat to get slim... that was an epiphany. I used to think being overweight by 50-60lbs wasn't a huge deal because I carried it pretty evenly. But thinking I was carrying her weight 24/7, it finally dawned on me. I HAD to drop that weight.

Also, for whatever reason... even though I always knew in my HEAD that it was possible for me to get fit if I tried, I couldn't "feel" it in my HEART. It was nothing more than a distant possibility. Now, however, I feel like the possibility is right there in front of me, and like I only have to push myself just a little bit more to get it. Just a little more...!