Colonics / colon hydrotherpay

Options
want to do it this weekend. Anyone bad it done? And what are your results.
Should it become regular?

Replies

• outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Bump..I'm curious.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    colonics are dangerous.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've heard they're dangerous.

http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com/alerts/digestive_health/JohnsHopkinsHealthAlertsDigestiveDisorders_520-1.html

Besides... I think I'd prefer to just eat healthy, fiber rich foods. Having an alternative medical practitioner stick a hose up my bum and pump my intestines full of water/coffee/whatever sounds wholly unappealing!
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i'm curious keep thinking of trying it! would love to hear others experiences
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I heard one some radio show a guy had it done to him and they found an old army solder toy (you know, the green ones that you burn under a magnifying glass as a kid?) in him. No joke. That's about as much as I know. Oh, and they hook a hose up your butt and flush it out. I'd rather just eat healthier.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I have not ever tried that - but you might want to find out if there is a danger of flushing out the 'good' flora/fauna in your system.

I could be wrong, but I think there is a 'balance' of good bacteria in your system and I always worry about throwing that balance off when taking antibiotics, etc.

I would be worried that a colonic might do the same - just my 2cents. :flowerforyou:
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've used Dr. Natura's 2 week colon cleanse. It was pretty intense, but after a couple of days, I felt increased energy.
    My Sailor used Hydrocolonics. He dropped about 5lbs, but eventually it builds up.
    From a medical stand point, that part of your body wasn't made to be completely clean. Much of the bacteria in our bodies is useful and healthy in ways we don't quite understand completely yet, so I wouldn't recommend it on a "regular" basis, but I'd think that once or twice a year wouldn't hurt.

I would expect to put back on any weight that you lose through this means. Over time, things will continue to build up in your colon again. It'll help make you more regular though!

As far as discomfort, it's not a terribly comfortable procedure, but I haven't heard about it being painful. I'd probably anticipate some abdominal cramping.

I did try the 2 week cleanse a 2nd time about 4-5 months after the first time (just to see if it would help with regularity). The abdomenal cramping became too bad and I didn't complete the course - however it was that TOM too, so I chalked it up to that.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    The body does a very good job of cleaning itself out, and has a very careful balance of organisms inside it to help it achieve this. There are some situations where some types of cleanses are medically useful, but only under advisement of a doctor. Otherwise, you're just doing yourself more harm than good, particularly if you disturb the good bacteria in your gut.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooo crackin up because years ago I went on a trip with a bunch of girls and we did the works and that was included......too funny still laughing BUTT everyone should try it at least once !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    I heard one some radio show a guy had it done to him and they found an old army solder toy (you know, the green ones that you burn under a magnifying glass as a kid?) in him. No joke. That's about as much as I know. Oh, and they hook a hose up your butt and flush it out. I'd rather just eat healthier.

OMG...I think I just pooped myself laughing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Did you guys miss the 40 or so expose's on how these are complete BS? Your body is perfect adept at cleaning out itself. . .it's called going number 2, which is exactly what those guys are selling. You lose water weight, which is the opposite of what we're trying to do around here.
  • DancingYogini
    Options

OMG...I think I just pooped myself laughing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    The body does a very good job of cleaning itself out, and has a very careful balance of organisms inside it to help it achieve this. There are some situations where some types of cleanses are medically useful, but only under advisement of a doctor. Otherwise, you're just doing yourself more harm than good, particularly if you disturb the good bacteria in your gut.

^^That!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Just another Friday night.
  • DevineCreatureJoJo
    Options
    I just had it done last week and will be going again today. It is totally recommended for anyone who is constantly constipated and having issues with other organs. It is highly recommended that you take probiotics before and after having the colonic treatment done as yes you may lose some of the healthy flora in the process. I recommend taking probiotics for anyone taking meds as well as (for a female) it will help you not get a yeast infection. My stomach was always bloaded and hard to the touch because of a all the build up. I even had my gall bladder removed and have been having trouble with kidney infections and my pancreas. This is due to the toxic build up that has been sitting in me for so long as I would only go #2 once a day or at least 4 times a week which is not healthy. I do drink a lot of water daily and eat right but that wasn't even helping me. Having the colonics done helped my stomach go down a lot and is helping me go to the bathroom more regular.

I went to A New Leaf which uses only warm water and not caffeine as other places will do. Your large intestine has several points issued to several different parts of the body (eyes, nose, liver, gall bladder, etc...) and it also will take in nutrients from food you eat but when you have a wall full of old toxic waste that never flushed out, you will get sick. After 45 minutes of the colonic treatment, my body was still flushing out old debris from my body and you can feel little pelets coming out during the 45 mintues, I was able to go down 5 pounds after the treatment so its not just water being flushed in and out. stuff actually does come out.

I recommend this for anyone wanting to be healthier. Hope this info helps others. :)
  • SeanMurphy
    SeanMurphy Posts: 62
    Options
    Did you guys miss the 40 or so expose's on how these are complete BS? Your body is perfect adept at cleaning out itself. . .it's called going number 2, which is exactly what those guys are selling. You lose water weight, which is the opposite of what we're trying to do around here.

THIS. If you like going, go ahead, but all you're doing is paying good money to have someone make tomorrow's movement show up early. Go on youtube and look up colonoscopies. You will see that the colon is a moist, pink tissue, and does not have this coating of poop spackle that the colonic folk want you to believe is in there. Fibre to keep you regular, the colon will take care of itself, unless you have some sort of exceptional pre-existing medical condition.
  • SeanMurphy
    SeanMurphy Posts: 62
    Options
    blast! double post!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    "poop spackle"...:laugh:

Doesn't sound very appealing to me either. I don't think I'd want anyone putting a big metal hoobiejoob up there. :sick: