Hello I am new

Hello all. I was told about this site by a relative. I will be 50 next month and need to lose about 100 pounds. I have tried everything and have finally decided to do the old fashioned thing of counting calories. I lost about 25 pounds in about 4-5 months and then did not lose anymore. I just got on the scale and have gained 9 pounds back. But this is what I always do. I love online learning so I am hoping to find and give support via my fitness pal.

Replies

• pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Hi Rhonda, welcome to the site. Lots of information, motivation and support to be found here. I am of similar age and weight loss goal. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    welcome to mfp there is plenty of support here good luck on your weight loss journey add me if you like
  • HowardRose
    HowardRose Posts: 138 Member
    Welcome Rhonda!!!. This site works great. Enjoy it, beacuse your going to love the support.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    H, welcome to the site. I jsut joined on Sunday and am amazed at all the support i have received already. I have tried and quit - tried and quit but this time it feels different and I truly believe it is because of the support I have here!!! Good luck ...add me if you want I have the same amount to lose....we can do it together :)
  • lalaloz64
    lalaloz64 Posts: 11
    hi i have got about 100lbs to lose aswell , i am 47,need all the suport i can get lol add me if u like , lorraine