Polycystic ovarian syndrome

Options
Looking for women to become friends who suffer from pcos as I do. I really need some motivation.

Replies

• myckiwever
    myckiwever Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 4 years ago, i would love it if we could help each other out.
  • stacymarie01
    stacymarie01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just got diagnosed and I'm feeling pretty down and overwhelmed.
  • jersybrook
    jersybrook Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been diagnosed since 2009 and it's been a constant struggle, however I found a medication that helps us who suffer from PCOS win the fight against losing weight. My doctor just put me on a weekly shot (you take it at home) of Trulicity. I started this shot roughly around mid-October and with a diet of low calories, carbs, and light exercise I am able to lose around a 4-5 pounds a week. I would lose faster if I would do a heavy dose of exercise, however being a working mom it's extremely difficult to find the time.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    also diagnosed w/ pcos about 5 years ago
    some symptoms i have were irregular periods (now on b/c), depression (currently off my anti depressants 33 lbs down so feeling pretty good about myself), unwanted hair under the chin, mood changes, and headaches. they stated i was infertile but not even a year after my diagnosis i gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. i have my struggles but working through them! add me !
  • lmcmullin1
    lmcmullin1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed for over 15 years. I would love to have friends that also struggle with this. I am tired of dealing with the extra weight and hoping as I lose weight my symptoms will decrease.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options