Getting Serious!

Options
amhamlin
amhamlin Posts: 17 Member
Here is it... I'm getting serious. I've been battling my weight for 5 years. I don't have a lot to lose but enough to make me go from average to overweight. I need to lose 15 pounds. I've always disliked working out. Exercise isn't fun. I also have a heck of a sweet tooth and enjoy my desk job. It's no wonder I've got weight to lose. :) In January I started going to the gym. I was going to Mexico in mid March and wanted to slim up. I walked on the treadmill .... that was it. I didn't see much progress. End of April/Beginning of May I started a bootcamp program. A friend of mine put it together last year and another friend had fabulous results. It was so hard. I couldn't stand it.. but I still am going!!! I'm finally stuck with an exercise program and it's NOT BAD!!! I measured after my first month and lost a total of 8 inches. I only lost about 6 pounds on the scale. Since I started bootcamp I've began hiking with my husband. Riding bikes with the kids. Doing yoga. I'm enjoying all of this!! One thing I'm terrible at?? My eating. I would see so much more progress if I just controlled what I put in my mouth. That's why I'm here. I need you guys to help me STOP being pathetic when it comes to meal time and GET SERIOUS! I'm killing myself with exercise only to void it with snacks! :) I'm looking for a buddy. Anyone?? THANKS a bunch :):)

Replies

• roseyrose2000
    roseyrose2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking the 1st step. I am basically in the same boat, need to lose just 15llbs. I actually love to exercise, but i love food too, all of it from veggies to whatever. I myself just jumped back on the wagon, today is day 2, actually surprising myslef . I bought the book the "17 day diet", to give me motivation and a jump start. I find when i read about healthy things, it movtivates me to eat healthier..
    Good luck your journey , i will check back in to see how you are doing.:happy:
  • amhamlin
    Options
    I read the 17 Day Diet book too... I loved it. :) let me know what you think :)
  • Lmbathey
    Lmbathey Posts: 2
    Options
    Serious...I'm with you girl! I got on the scale and jumped off after seeing the number. I knew I had gained a lot of weight and was overwheight but dang...those numbers hurt. Even though I have battled my weight my whole life and kept it pretty well in check I am now over 30 pounds overweight. I hide it well though ; )
    But I decided that I can't do this or the number is just gonna get higher and that eating like I can eat anything I want has never been something I can do so why do that now. I attribute it to meeting the love of my life and "fat and happy" but that fat part I want to omit from the phrase.
    So I bought Tracy Anderson's Metamophasis program. 90 days doing her exercise program every day. It's been killing me but I'm 3 days in and still going strong. I'm determined.
    What's the problem food area for you? I am sure I have encountered it myself...how can I help?

Lorena
  • amhamlin
    Options
    Well.. we can check in with each other every day if you want?? I just need someone to tell me NO every once in a while. :) Do you like that program? Metamorphasis?? It looked cool.
  • roseyrose2000
    roseyrose2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes i will let you know how i like the 17day diet. So far day 3 doing good. I love veggies, all kinds from cooked to raw, love fruit, love fish, chicken and all that good stuff. So the eating meal part will be relativley easy. Its that after dinner heavy craving for sweet then salt that sabotages me. But Monday and tuesday did no snacking at all...Dinner and that was it.. It gets easy as each day that goes by, and after 2 weeks, you usually break a habit , thats my goal.

Hope you doing well. Stay Strong, Stay focused!