New & need help

Options
I'm 26 and currently weigh 215. My goal weight is around 140. I find it so hard to stick to a diet, I think its bc of boredum. I started walking/running on treadmill and also use a stationary bike. I need some helpful tips BC idk how to do this and don't really have anyone around me that has to deal with this struggle of being overweight, so they don't understand. Any advice would help! Thank you!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't really understand your explanation. In what way is losing weight boring compared to not losing weight?

Losing weight requires you to eat a bit less and/or move more in either your daily life or through purposeful exercise. You have quite a bit of weight to lose and should plan on it taking around 18-24 months to get to your goal. Beyond that, it will likely take more time to continue to improve your body composition. Eat in a moderate deficit and incorporate physical activity to improve your health and you will do well.
  • amandapleighse92
    amandapleighse92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    msg me for support! I know it can be so hard because it's hard for me too! It's always easier with a friend, plus new ideas are always great!
  • sburgos22
    sburgos22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't really understand your explanation. In what way is losing weight boring compared to not losing weight?

Losing weight requires you to eat a bit less and/or move more in either your daily life or through purposeful exercise. You have quite a bit of weight to lose and should plan on it taking around 18-24 months to get to your goal. Beyond that, it will likely take more time to continue to improve your body composition. Eat in a moderate deficit and incorporate physical activity to improve your health and you will do well.

I'm not saying its boring to lose weight, I meant its hard for me to stick to a diet BC I eat out of boredum. But thanks for your advice! :)
  • sburgos22
    Options

I'm not saying its boring to lose weight, I meant its hard for me to stick to a diet BC I eat out of boredum. But thanks for your advice! :)
  • sburgos22
    Options
    sburgos22 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "a diet?" I think that's what the other poster was trying to ask you. Losing weight shouldn't be any more boring than not losing weight -- the only difference is making sure you account accurately for what you eat (weigh your portions and log everything) and don't eat more than your calorie goal.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Your in the right place .. read the stickies

Good luck