Struggling

Options
Anyone else struggling to loose it in certain areas? My mum tum jus wont shift i try go to gym 3 times a week drink lots of water and never skip breakie jus lost weight everywhere but

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes, we all have certain areas in which we tend to hold our weight in. Mine is my thighs/bum. We just have to keep plugging along, as there is no such thing as spot reduction. Ho hum....
  • Catman50
    Catman50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    there is no such thing as spot reduction.

^^ What she said. Doing abs exercise build up ya abs for when you have reduced the fat covering them. We all have abs ..its just depends how much we have covering them :blush:

Dieting is what makes our abs appear and unfortunately the majority of bodies store the fat around our middles till last so I believe. Its been a long time since ive had abs... just have to keep chipping away at it and hopefully next year with a strict cut I may just see em again!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    vixen84 wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling to loose it in certain areas? My mum tum jus wont shift i try go to gym 3 times a week drink lots of water and never skip breakie jus lost weight everywhere but

Going to the gym and drinking water is good but are you in a calorie deficit? Also skipping breakfast is not a bad thing as meal timing is irrelevant for fat loss.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    vixen84 wrote: »

You need to continue to cut body fat. You can skip breakfast if you like, because break has literally no impact on stomach fat. If you like breakfast, eat it, if not, skip it. Energy balance and a good training program is what you need; meaning, you want a small to moderate calorie deficit, adequate protein and than a good training routine (probably a solid progressive overload lifting program like strongcurves, NROL4W, etc...

And the below might help.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Everybody is right that breakfast timing doesn't matter...in fact, an early morning breakfast makes my hangry for the entire day.
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Makes you hangry though because your digestive system is revved up.. I think to some that matters :p
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting is a way of timing your meals so that meeting your goals is easier...being hangry all day is a horrible way to live.

An early breakfast is good for some people, particularly those who wake up hungry but I was just letting the op know that the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" thing is nonsense marketing from Kellogg.