Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feeling so guilty... (Snacks).

Hello,

I had Yoplait yogurt as a snack, it was 170 calories and loaded with sugar! :ohwell: It was the only snack I had available to me and I gave in to it because when I don't snack I'm more prone to cheat when I get home. I eat every 3 hours top!

I'm going this evening to buy snacks and I want to know what my MFP friends are snacking on?

:heart: ,
Alma

Replies

• MondaysChild81
    MondaysChild81 Posts: 158 Member
    Never mind! You are allowed a treat every now and then!

I've been on the Go Ahead Crispy Slices- cherry flavour, they too contain 171 calories. but are tasty.
    try dried fruit as a snack? xxxx ^_^
  • PaulineLi
    PaulineLi Posts: 17 Member
    cherries
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    1 TBSP of peanut butter

1/4 cup of cottage cheese

1/4 cup of black beans rinsed and mixed with splenda and coco powder

15 almonds dry roasted

sugar free jello :-)

veggies and 2 tbs of hummas

hard boiled egg whites and salsa
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I had a yoplait fat free light with 100 calories! I also snack on cucumber with lime juice, cayenne pepper and valentina, strawberries, grapes, apple, etc
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Chobani Greek Yogurt has more redeeming qualities than Yoplait but still has some sugar in it. But for my snacks (sweet type) - Skinny Cow rocks the house! 100 Cal Choc mousse bars...
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    oh, you're fine. it's YOGURT. though i know exactly what you are talking about with the guilt.

i usually snack on blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, watermelon, baby carrots, celery + peanut butter (PB2, actually), almonds (raw, dry roasted/salted, or the dark chocolate cocoa roast (SO good and only 1g of sugar)).

also- i like to buy dannon plain greek yogurt (120 per 8oz with 22g protein and like 7g sugar). it's gross by itself (tastes kind of like cream cheese), but i like to add a little truvia, a TINY bit of cinnamon, and some sugar free blueberry or raspberry jelly.

edit no. 2 lol - ALSO, protein bars are good. i look for the low carb/sugar ones. pure protein have only 2-3g of sugar and 20g protein, but there are sugar alcohols, but i don't care about those! lol

those are just some

good luck!
  • karenp84
    karenp84 Posts: 119
    I'm also eating go ahead crispy slices, nuts and muller light with dark chocolate sprinkles.
  • Pynkklady
    Pynkklady Posts: 51 Member
    I'm not an Atkins dieter, but I LOVE their snack bars. Low calorie, low sugar, yummy taste! Makes me feel like I'm having a real candy bar!
  • celery and a wedge of laughing cow light cheese...YUMMMM!!!!
  • Caldwellsa24
    Caldwellsa24 Posts: 15 Member
    I have to have snacks throught the day. I usually go with Low calorie string cheese, apples, banannas, oranges, carrots, celery and sometimes i bring a sparkling water to spice things up. :glasses: and LOTS of water, when i start feeling snacky i drink a glass of water and then decide if i am hungry.
  • O.K. Let the guilt go - If I blew it - it would be a bunch of jelly beans and the like. So forgive yourself and move on. There are some lower sugar yogurts out there - you just have to read the labels. I like certain protein bars as you get a good boost of protein - you have to read those labels too. There are some 100 calorie packs of almonds (you get about 10) but it is about something quick and easy and controllable. If your personal program allows fruit - there are some dehydrated fruit packs that are about 35 to 40 calories each that give you some crunch (Kirkland brand at Costco) Don't know the sugar content. There are some Kirkland protein shakes that are 30 grams of protein with very little sugar at about 180 calories. Chocolate is tolerable. I hope others can you some better ideas. Best wishes on your journey.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    At WalMart they sell sugar free jello in packages they're only 5 calories per cup, also I usually like eating Dole's Diced Peaches Sugar Free in water only 25 calories. You just need to go to the grocery store and take it really slow checking out calories and sugars - that's what I do and it takes me forever to get out of there. After just make a list so you can know what you can buy and what you can snack on.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    skinny pop popcorn-1 cup is only 39 cals
    bowl of mixed fruit, either strawberries, blueberries, and bananas or melons and pineapple (high sugars but they are natural)
    veggies and hummus-usually takes me longer to eat these so lasts longer
    i also cheat and used prepackaged snacks-it is really amazing what you can find in the 100 calorie snack packs these days, i try to keep a couple of packs of them in my desk drawer so i always have something to grab and dont make bad choices
    Although yogurt isn't that bad, there are many other snacks that would have been worse. Try looking for the lighter yogurt options too.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    depends... i have a few different things as i get bored with the same thing..... almonds, sunflower seeds, trail mix, fruits of all kinds, sugar free jello puddings, fiber one brownies, slimfast bars, mini babybels..... all of the measured to one serving and eating at midmeal times to curb the appetite till the next meal. sometimes i drink a protien shake or something instead but thats mine
  • j_aelle78
    j_aelle78 Posts: 1
    I like the 100 Calorie packs of crackers or cookies like Oreos or Chips Ahoy. They make me feel like i'm getting a treat so I don't crave ice cream, candy, etc. Also lots of apples and bananas. Sugar free jello is good, the generic brand I get from Walmart has 5 calories per cup.

Good luck!
  • jennyriv
    jennyriv Posts: 1
    Don't feel guilty. Even if you ate a bag of chips and a candybar, you should not beat yourself up too much. Just remember we never run out of oppurtunities to be healthy.
    Believe it or not, I have been drinking a protein shake as a snack, and it fills me up. Keep up the good work!
  • Thanks to all of you for all the suggestions (=
  • We love the laughing cow cheese wedges....they are about 50 calories and yummy.....I eat them with Club Mini's...17 crackers are 70 calories and very filing....

Also I love the 100 calorie packs...All of them...You get exactly what you want!...

No reason for guilt....You are doing great~

ATLANTIS!!!!!