HRM recording smart phone app

NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I heard there is a app on your phone where your HRM strap can send your HR to and it can count the amount of burned calories. So its basically a HRM. Does anyone have this app or know the name?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    CardioTrainer for Droid can do it, but it needs a specific strap by Polar called the "Wearlink+ Bluetooth".

I believe there is also a different app that does it with a different brand of strap. But the key is that the straps need to be bluetooh enabled, and most of us who have HRM's do not have bluetooth ones.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    How do I know if I have one? I have a F40 Polar watch with a strap. Does it say on there?
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    I've got that HRM and I doubt it's bluetooth. It would be very heavily advertised if it were.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    You have to buy the actual WearLink bluetooth transmitter. The watch ones don't do it.
  • taso42_DELETED
    How do I know if I have one? I have a F40 Polar watch with a strap. Does it say on there?

That's the traditional one, not the bluetooth.

Also be very careful if you purchase one - make sure it specifically says Bluetooth on the package. I went and bought a Wearlink+ from ebay and it's NOT the bluetooth one. There is more than 1 kind of "Wearlink+".
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Just had a live chat with polar and the wearlink bluetooth is not compatable with the iphone :(
  • taso42_DELETED
    Just had a live chat with polar and the wearlink bluetooth is not compatable with the iphone :(

Time for an Android phone :)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    never again!! I switched from an android! I <3 my iphone
  • gbacque
    gbacque Posts: 2
    Then you can forget ever using a HRM with your phone then. iphone won't communicate with any blue tooth devices that aren't apple. If they can't over charge you for it then you don't get to use it. Welcome to apple world. evil *kitten*.

I think you can get something that plugs into the bottom that will allow it to talk to BT devices.
This discussion has been closed.