My mini P90X success (with Pictures)

Options
dltang
dltang Posts: 58 Member
Okay, I am half way through P90X Lean, Round 1. Today is Day 45. When I first started, I could have made a video of the ugliest workouts and how not to do the exercises. I can't believe I was able to keep going. Now, I can't imagine not doing my workouts. When I finish this round, I plan on starting Round 2 with the Classic version. I am posting my photos, such as they are because, it has helped me so much to look at everyone else's before, during and after photos. It gives me great hope that normal people my age can do this too. By the way, I am a 48 (soon to be 49 y/o f) I am 5'6" tall and my current weight is 206 lbs. I have lost 13 pounds since starting P90X and 17 pounds since joining (or coming back to) MFP. So here goes, here are my Day 1 photos with comparison to day 45.
photo-1755-1.jpg

photo-616-1-1.jpg

Since these photos just don't want to post, try these links http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Exercise Album/photo-1755-1.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Exercise Album/photo-616-1.jpg

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    wow thats a huge difference. great job, and way to sticking with it. Maybe I could keep up with it. I was afraid I couldn't.
  • ckisme
    ckisme Posts: 15
    Options
    Congrats! :) Great job, keep it up!
  • dltang
    Options
    I can not see my own photos, can you guys see these pictures. I have changed the IMG to img. I have posted photos before so I know I am doing this correctly. But I either get these stupid blue boxes or one that says my photo was moved on photobucket. I just don't get it. If you can see them, I am glad and I hope they inspire someone.
  • dltang
    Options
    Bound and determined to try this again
    photo-616-1.jpg
    photo-1755-1.jpg

I can't figure this out. I am using the codes from where the photos are in the album right now. Grr.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I can't see them!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I just pasted the link you copied into my browser and they showed up fine.

Holy crap!! I can't believe that is only 45 days! That is insane! Are you following their diet guidelines too?

I have P90X but have only done the yoga.
  • kendah
    kendah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    very dramatic changes. I just started P90x lean last night. I am altering it a little because I am also running to train for a half marathon in september. By altering I mean switching arms and legs days and not doing kenpo because of running. I will do one of the other tapes on those days. But I am doing everything else. Did you follow the P90x diet? I am on a medical foods diet currently (hub is a chiro and very into nutrition so, I am listening to him this time- he may faint. lol) You look great. I am 40 y/o. I started at 267 down to 185-190 but weight loss has completely stopped for a year due to lack of dieting. So, I am trying to kick things up a bit. Best of luck on your continued success.
  • sicklittle
    sicklittle Posts: 21
    Options
    Awesome job! I am a little scared to try P90X haha so Congrats to you!
  • peluzuff
    peluzuff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you click on the link at the bottom of your first post you can see all the pics.
    Awesome job! You look great!

Here is the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dltang
  • dltang
    Options
    I just pasted the link you copied into my browser and they showed up fine.

Holy crap!! I can't believe that is only 45 days! That is insane! Are you following their diet guidelines too?

I have P90X but have only done the yoga.

Yoga is actually my least favorite of all the DVD's. I still can't get through the whole thing. An hour is the longest I have made it. I am loosely following the nutrition guidelines. My schedule is so on the go that I kind of use the portion guideline but not always to a tee. I also do not eat back all my exercise calories at this stage in the game. I keep track here on MFP and try to eat 1400-1600 calories a day. Since I have so much weight to lose, I also ride my bicycle for 30 minutes every morning except Sunday. That usually gives me 6-8 miles M-F and I try to increase to about 10 miles on Saturdays. I am sure the extra cardio is making a difference as well. At first it was so very hard but now I can't imagine not doing this.
  • Melslifestylechange
    Melslifestylechange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to the half way point. I'm also doing P90 X Lean. I just completed Day 8. Keep up the great work!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am half way through P90X Lean, Round 1. Today is Day 45. When I first started, I could have made a video of the ugliest workouts and how not to do the exercises. I can't believe I was able to keep going. Now, I can't imagine not doing my workouts. When I finish this round, I plan on starting Round 2 with the Classic version. I am posting my photos, such as they are because, it has helped me so much to look at everyone else's before, during and after photos. It gives me great hope that normal people my age can do this too. By the way, I am a 48 (soon to be 49 y/o f) I am 5'6" tall and my current weight is 206 lbs. I have lost 13 pounds since starting P90X and 17 pounds since joining (or coming back to) MFP. So here goes, here are my Day 1 photos with comparison to day 45.
    [img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Exercise Album/photo-1755-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Exercise Album/photo-616-1-1.jpg[/img]
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    good job :)
  • dltang
    Options
    [img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Exercise Album/photo-1755-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k319/dltang/Exercise Album/photo-616-1-1.jpg[/img]

What did you do different to get the photos to show up? Now if you right click or control click on a Mac you can open in a new tab or window and see the whole thing too.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    On these forums, photobucket links with a space in the album name mess up. You just need to erase the %20 in the link and replace it with a space. :)
  • Danyell08
    Danyell08 Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW what a difference. I have not yet summoned the courage to start p90x
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i'm starting today... i hope i have as much success as you! great job! keep it up!
  • dltang
    Options
    On these forums, photobucket links with a space in the album name mess up. You just need to erase the %20 in the link and replace it with a space. :)
    Thank you, I will give that s try next time. It won't let me edit my posts now. But on my Day 60 when I update, I will remember that.
  • dltang
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. For those of you afraid to start P90X or just getting started, do not fear it. Modify it to your ability as needed but try your best to do the moves correctly. Don't worry about how you look, you are home alone. Instead be concerned with how you will be feeling in a short time. Even the days, I didn't want to work out, I made myself get up and do it, I felt so much better afterwards. And yes, there were days, I did not feel like doing my work out. I just had to think and remind myself that this is a priority for me, my health and well being must supersede everything else. I can wait an hour to work on laundry or housework or check my work schedule or whatever it is. We all have time to do this, we all have the ability to do this. If I can do it, anyone can.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!