I CAN"T TAKE THIS ANY LONGER.....

Options
Ok I had an apt monday for follow up, ok 1st my thyroid meds been adjusted and now she tell me i'm on the border line of being a diabetic....how can this be, i'm trying my best to eat right, i'm at the gym 5 days a week plus I think i'm too young for this right now, it's already hard enough trying to loose weight with having hypothyrodism it's a VERY slow weight loose, it's like evrytime I go to the doc there's something new!

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    just keep eating healthy and working out and logging it all and it will work out....take your food diary to the dr with you and maybe they can help with that also....do they have a nutristionlist there that can help since your on the verge of been diabetic?
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    <- Type 1 diabetic for the last 7 years...
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Don't give up! Keep pushing forward. I've heard a lot of people say as more weight came off they actually reversed a lot of issues (like being pre-diabetic). One thing you might consider? Google "Diabetic diet" and try following it as closely as you can. This will help with weight loss AND keep the possibility of diabetes under control.

Good Luck. :)
  • rockstarmike000
    Options
    sometimes working out makes us feel even hungrier, or like its okay to eat more because we worked out. So thats something to watch out for. But if you're sticking to your calories well, then it might just be the condition holding you back. Hang in there!
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    I think once they get your meds right, it will help. I understand why you are discouraged. If your thyroid is out of whack nothing works right. I don't know much medically speaking but I think getting your body internally working right will help you then be able to adjust everything else to lose some weight. I totally get the everytime we go to the doctor they tell us something else. Hang in there, work with the doctors, and get the help you need. I had to add the "sugar" section on the food display. It is so easy to have a lot of it and not even realize it. I wish you the best in your journey.
  • beckbop
    beckbop Posts: 75
    Options
    ive got an underactive thyroid and i havent lost weight for about 6 weeks now. its so frustrating! theres a bar of galaxy chocolate downstairs now and i just feel like going to eating it all because i know on my weigh day i still wont have lost anything.

everytime ive told my doctosr this all she/he says is that i have to wait for the tablets to start working. IVE BEEN ON THEM FOR A YEAR!?!?!?!?

urgh, so i know how you feel :(
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Docs are good but can't do it all. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend that you see a Registered Dietitian. They can help you get your blood sugar issues under control. Hang in there. The alternatives are worse. Good luck!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I was borderline a few years back but since I have lost some weight my lvls seem to be good. Just because you are borderline doesn't mean you will be a diabetic. Just keep focused!
  • Carrebare
    Carrebare Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, I know exactly how you feel I have hypothroidism also. It is a very slow process. Take it day by day that's all we have sometimes.♥
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Check out marksdailyapple.com, lots of good information there about how our diet affects us, you might be eating the wrong kind of "healthy".
  • dwaun681
    dwaun681 Posts: 6
    Options
    Sometimes it's genetic and there's nothing that you can do. I'm in the same boat with my cholesterol...I go to the gym, I'm small, and I eat extremely healthy - never processed... nothing I can do. Just think how bad off you would be if you hadn't already started making a change in your food and excercise! =) Good luck and keep your chin up!!!!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    My FIL was pre-diabetic years ago. His doctor made him count carbs. He was very stringent about it. He used to have atleast one alcoholic beverage a night. He gave that up and rarely eats sweets anymore. He has since lost enough weight that he is no longer pre-diabetic. He still keeps an eye on those carbs though. I'd definitely consult your doctor or a nutritionist about how to modify your diet.
  • TheSarahHill
    TheSarahHill Posts: 185
    Options
    Ok I had an apt monday for follow up, ok 1st my thyroid meds been adjusted and now she tell me i'm on the border line of being a diabetic....how can this be, i'm trying my best to eat right, i'm at the gym 5 days a week plus I think i'm too young for this right now, it's already hard enough trying to loose weight with having hypothyrodism it's a VERY slow weight loose, it's like evrytime I go to the doc there's something new!

My Pappa is diabetic and has been since he was 18 years old, it hasn't stopped him doing anything, it's just a bit of a pain that all, treating it and watching your sugars.
    It's not just caused by people being over-weight and poor diets, my Pappa just developed it and he has a normal diet and lifestyle.

Slow weight loss is the best form of weight loss anyway, it doesn't put strain on the body and it's easier to maintain, so chin up lady, you'll be fine.

All the best, xx
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me a few years ago! It was a long hard road with lots of testing and several months of waiting for answers, that sometimes never came. Anyways as frustrating as it is...keep your chin up and make sure you are working with a doctor who will do whatever it takes to get you the help you need. By the way I am not sure how "young" you are, but I was only 32 and I felt way too young to be dealing with all of the crap I was. There is light at the end of the tunnel though and now I am much healthier and very happy about it! :happy:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a tough blow. Hopefully she gave you diet and exercise suggestions to prevent full blown diabetes. It would likely be a little different than a healthy diet for a person without a metabolic disorder. You can get good advice on the American Diabetes Assoc. website (www.diabetes.org).
  • LoIF101
    LoIF101 Posts: 13
    Options
    Aw don't give up! You're closer to your goal weight than you think!
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and advice, I just feel like i'm going backwards, last yr I had my gall bladder removed then this yr my thyroid and now just monday i'm a pre-diabetic....what's next, i'm doing what i need to do but it's like i'm doing nothing at all!
  • bhawkins0617
    bhawkins0617 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Check out marksdailyapple.com, lots of good information there about how our diet affects us, you might be eating the wrong kind of "healthy".

Ditto!
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

^^^^ This.