Half marathon and im sick

I have my firsr half marathon ccomng up in 6 days i woke up today with a soar throat which means tomorrow is not going to be ggod for me and the next few days after that.

How do you get iver a cold enough for me not to die on sunday haha?

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Drink plenty of fluids. I, personally, add zinc to my morning multivitamin this time of year, and I take another zinc tablet at night. It's a homeopathic thing I read somewhere (which could possibly be complete *kitten*) but it seems to fix me up within a few days usually. I try not to slack on exercise, and I keep extra hydrated, and I figure I manage to sweat it out pretty quickly that way. Sometimes though, it just means it's going to take time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Orange juice! And cold & flu pills!

You'll be resting this week anyway so it won't affect your training.
  • ultratrailgirl
    ultratrailgirl Posts: 6 Member
    You won't gain anything by running this week so don't push if you don't feel good. Try to get more sleep than usual... sleep is a wonderful thing!
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    You might get lucky and have just a sore throat for a few days without it turning into a full on head cold. Fingers crossed for you, think positive!
  • juliagorina
    juliagorina Posts: 34 Member
    Plenty of rest, you'll be fine. Six days before, you shouldn't be running at this point anyway. I interrupted my training program midway w/ a bike accident, and still pulled off my first half in oct. One thing for sure: if I could do (no matter how slowly), anyone can
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    hope you felt ok to run today!
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    booooo, I feel your. I was training for my first half 2 years ago, and I was about 1 month out ended up with double pneumonia... in the hosptial for 3 days getting IV antibiotics, and breathing treatments.
    I hope you can beat this.. oh wait.... you were suppose to run this past weekend... Well??? did you??? how did it go????
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Not any gain from running this week so I hope you are tapering anyways...

Rest, gargle, perhaps orange juice or suck on vitamin C (for me its Airborne Vit C), and eat!!!