Low carb snack ideas

Options
EMicola
EMicola Posts: 19 Member
edited November 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hi all, I've been low carbing for a while now -eating between 50-75 g a day since I'm type 2 diabetic. I was just wondering if anyone else is watching their carbs what are you snacking on and what does your typical meals look like? Trying to get some fresh ideas

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm not consciously trying to low-carb it but I pretty naturally end up between 80-90g -- not much more than you're aiming for. I snack on almonds, string cheese, smoked salmon with veggies or on rice cakes, popcorn (surprisingly unterrible, carb-wise), cheese slices and turkey all rolled up, sometimes beef jerky or its poor cousin the Slim-Jim, etc.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am type 2 diabetic as well. I don't count carbs infact I failed miserably at trying. I like Greek yogurt and strawberries, hummus and veggies, apple slices and peanut butter, celery and peanut butter, cottage cheese and mandrin oranges, grapes, string cheese and almonds. That's pretty much my go to oh and hard boiled eggs
  • EMicola
    Options
    Love smoked salmon too! Thanks for your input
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Oh, then I'll tell you about my weird snack I was afraid to mention earlier! Smoked salmon with a little cream cheese or Laughing Cow spread on it and a sprinkling of chives or dill, rolled up like pinwheels. It's amazing!
  • EMicola
    Options
    Mmmm sounds very good actually I'm going to try it!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Jerky, nuts, hard boiled eggs, pork rinds, deli meat, veggies and dip, berries, a small piece of 90% dark chocolate, nut butters with celery or an apple, pickles, and pepperoni sticks
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Oh, then I'll tell you about my weird snack I was afraid to mention earlier! Smoked salmon with a little cream cheese or Laughing Cow spread on it and a sprinkling of chives or dill, rolled up like pinwheels. It's amazing!
    Why would you be afraid to mention. That? It sounds so heavenly!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Ham slices with mustard, boiled eggs, nuts, vegetables.