A chunky bride? No way!

Options
Hi my name is Michelle and I just got engaged! Put on a few pounds as I got older (47) and I am done with feeling a little chunky!
I will lose 20 lbs before my wedding. Date not set but why wait? I'm starting today! I'm excited!

Replies

• Raskle12
    Raskle12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Happy walking!
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement and on the new found desire to lose!

I got married a month ago Monday...amazing day and you do want to feel your best!

Good luck and if you need anything just holler!
  • Annamotion
    Annamotion Posts: 16
    Options
    I just got engaged too and decided to join this rather then pay for weight watchers! Good luck!
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I got engaged in January and joined this site for the same reason. I have lost 30 lbs and hit my high school weight! It is a great site, you will love it and be very successful if you follow the advice. Feel free to add me if you need any motivation or wedding chitchat.
  • hippo421
    hippo421 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great idea to start now! You can do it! Congratulations!
  • Monarch1982
    Monarch1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your enccouragement! :happy:
    I love hearing success stories and anything about wedding bliss!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Monarch1982
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful to have men who love us just the way we are? :heart:
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful to have men who love us just the way we are? :heart:

I'm a bride to be also, and you're right :o) my other half loves me just the same thick or thin (err...he's not seen me thin yet!) Lol. Be great to share plans with u lovely ladies x
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So come on girls...how did he propose???
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Well done you, go for it - loads more energy for the big day too!
  • Annamotion
    Annamotion Posts: 16
    Options
    Mine proposed on forth of july during the finaly of fireworks, he did it in front of my family.... i thought my dad was gonna have a heart attack haha
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    from one wedding weight watcher to another, hello and welcome to the site! I totally get what you mean about not wanting to be a chunky bride a that's why I'm here too. Congrat on your engagement!
  • Monarch1982
    Options
    Brian proposed after dinner at the first restaurant we went to by boat. On the way home he was reminiscing....talking to me about how we first met etc. We do this every no and then so I didn't think anything of it. Then he takes out the new camera we bought...again no surprise....and he says go ahead Hon sit at the back of the boat I want to get the sunset behind you.....and I immediately said Hon why don't you set the timer and we can have a picture of both of us......again just like I say very offer because I like pictures of us together....anyway, he sets the timer and instead of sitting next to me he gets down on his knees.
    I was in shock! We had never ever spoke about getting married. I was almost speechless....but I said yes and we both couldn't be happier. Thanks for listening my new friends......:bigsmile:
  • annmrie
    annmrie Posts: 38
    Options
    What a great story!:smile: