Vivofit???

Options
Anyone have a vivofit band order something similar??? Wondering if it's worth buying one or not?

Replies

• davepete57
    davepete57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My wife has a Vivosmart HR & I have a VivoActive HR. We are both very happy with them
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I started with the Vivofit and loved it. Got gifted the Vivoactive for Christmas/birthday last year and also love it. Garmin make good products.
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My son and I have the vivosmart and like them, but both of the screens started to loose pixels after about 8 months. They still record data correctly but it's hard to read text on the screen.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I had a Vivofit Active for over a year and it was a good, basic tracker. The battery lasted over a year and was cheap to replace. I have recently upgraded to a Vivoactive HR and I am loving it. I have to charge it every five days or so but it is a pretty quick process and I find the extra features (Heart Rate and GPS) really useful. It also connects to my Garmin Edge 820 bike GPS and displays the heart rate on it. It also gets me to take the stairs rather than lift at work as it counts flights as well.

No lost pixel problems with either.

However if you have friends who use trackers from another manufacturer also consider those as the competition element is fun.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    one1fast68 wrote: »
    My son and I have the vivosmart and like them, but both of the screens started to loose pixels after about 8 months. They still record data correctly but it's hard to read text on the screen.

Contact their customer service. They will probably send you a replacement or credit for something else.

To the OP, I had the Vivosmart and the screen did die out after a year. I now have the Vivoactive HR and also love it so to me it's worth it.
  • stephi9
    stephi9 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My sister has a vivofit with heart rate monitor and said it's great because she only has to change the batterys once a year so I liked that idea I don't want to go spending to much on something with out finding out from others with their experience... Most I have seen come with warranty so if the pixels have faded after 8months most would still be under warranty? Anyway just trying to find out the better option to go and if they actually worked
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've had the Vivosmart HR since May and like it a lot. Love that it's waterproof. It lasts about 4 days on a charge. The app GarminConnect is pretty decent too, uses MFP for Calories and syncs nicely. There is a Vivosmart HR+ now that is the same form factor, but has GPS, nice feature. Both don't weigh much at all. My next one will be a step up since I'd like GPS and some additional workout options. Might get the Forerunner 235, Forerunner 35 (brand new last month, looks like Apple watch, FitBit Blaze) or the Vivoactive HR.

Check out reviews on youtube by Rizknows, he does a nice job of reviewing all of the above but I don't think he'll have a Forerunner 35 yet.