First week weigh in how much did you lose??

Options
Tomorrow is my first week weight in and I'm a bit nervous just hope I've lost
How much did you lose in your first week??

Replies

• JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I lost 8Ibs in my first week, however I was 275Ibs to start with.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i lost 4 my first week and now after 10 months and 108 pounds, my average is about 10 per month.
  • criiisdaw
    criiisdaw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    2 kg
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I only lost 2 pounds my first week. Consistency is part of this
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I gained a pound.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I believe my first week I lost 3 pounds but if I had to guess I would say about 1.5 pounds of that was water weight.

Some good forum reads (that you may not have seen yet):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10359984/women-menstrual-cycle-weight-and-fitness-matters/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I gained weight my first week. In my first week I was only logging, and making no effort to change my eating habits.
  • MissxAsh
    MissxAsh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I lost 5.8
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Nothing! (On purpose). I focused on logging everything accurately so that I could get an idea of what I could alter to meet my goals without stressing or going hungry or dropping out of MFP.

The next week I set it to 0.5 lb loss rate, ate sensible portions of the foods I like, and lost two pounds, most of which was probably water related. The week after, weight is still going down, I'm happy.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Which first week are you asking about? I've had a lot of first weeks...
  • BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, my scale was broken. When I went to the doctor's office it said I weighed 162, then I stepped on my scale at home two weeks later and it said 109. :D
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost 11½lb in the first week of joining my local slimming club.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost into three digits, I'm going to offer some advice now: NO ONE is the same as you. No one. Be your own measure and your own motivation.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    1 lb, but I started mid-week, so it was only three days until my "official" weigh-in (I decided to record every Saturday morning).
    3.5 lbs in my first full week.
    But as MissusMoon said, there's not any point in comparing yourself to random people who have different starting points, different goals, different challenges, started at different points in their monthly cycles, etc.
  • saanjali2003
    saanjali2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 months to my low calorie diet n I lost 5 pounds only, can anybody tell me what I m doing wrong. I m eating 1100 calories a day
    I m 5.2 height n weight 64 kg.
    Pls help
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 months to my low calorie diet n I lost 5 pounds only, can anybody tell me what I m doing wrong. I m eating 1100 calories a day
    I m 5.2 height n weight 64 kg.
    Pls help

Make your own thread instead of hijacking everyone elses - people will be able to give you help tailored to you
  • debz126
    debz126 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in on Thursday for the first time, Wednesday should be my day but unable to do so this week. Good Luck
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Don't let the number on the scale dictate the success or failure of your diet. If you know in your head that you have weighed and logged everything accurately and hit your calorie goal then your body will have lost fat. Many people lose lots of weight in their first week which is mainly water. Many people gain weight which is water retention from an increase in exercise. Focus on doing your best every day.