I am about to go nuts !!! this extra weight don't go away!!!!

Options
Tomorrow I'm staring a new journal.
Herbalife, smoothies and tons of greens. This is my last hope. Hello from :| from Orlando, Fl.

Replies

• Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you're sticking to your calories, exercising and not eating back those calories (mfp extremely over estimates calories burned) then you should be losing. Check your nutrients... are you eating too much sodium? Forget fad diets. They wont work in the long time as they aren't sustainable.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    OP, there's nothing about your plan that says you have a real, workable plan. Magic doesn't cause weight loss, math does. Consume fewer calories than your body needs for fuel. If you set up MFP properly, log your food intake honestly (I recommend using a digital food scale), and stay in calorie deficit, you will lose weight. CICO. Good luck!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    So how long have you been doing myfitnesspal for (meaning measuring & logging everything you eat and staying within your calorie goal)?
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    OP I see you are new here- try the myfitnesspal way first.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I think it was Thomas Edison who said something like folks don't know how close to success they come because they give up. So never give up.

But folks on here are giving you good advice. You don't have to do a "diet". You just need to count your calories and make sure you eat less than you burn. It simple in that you can eat what you love to eat just within your daily calorie goal.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from Altamonte springs in Florida so we are very close to each other
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, you'd have a much easier time with losing weight and keeping it off if you ditch the herbalife and smoothies. I've lost close to 100lbs just by counting calories... If I can do it, so can you.

I didn't have to spend money on something that has proven health risks.

Also, make sure to eat fat and protein. Herbadeath and smoothies with greens sounds like a recipe for nutrient deficiencies.... you need fat and protein, you know.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need to do is eat at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Last hope? That type of mentality will get you nowhere.

Take it from me, the person who, in the past did the military diet, the green tea diet, the cabbage soup diet, slimfast shakes, garcinia cambodia, any pill or drink sold on TV or in a magazine diet.

The type of mentality that WILL get you somewhere: Eat the foods you love, using a scale to weigh out appropriate portions, ensuring you consume less calories than you burn a day. After the gym today, I had a egg mcmuffin and a coffee WITH creamer.

Would you drink smoothies everyday for the rest of your life? I kinda doubt it, even if you love them. (I love pasta, but I could not eat it every day or I'd kill myself).

Don't look at the short term plan of obtaining your goal weight, look at the long term, lifetime plan: How to eat all the time for the rest of your life.

I'm semi-amateur on this site, but I've lost 17 pounds since mid October. And these folks here, they know what they're talking about. They've reached incredible goals, many losing hundreds of pounds. All while eating REAL food and not wasting money on this month's latest miracle drink or pill. Good luck to you. :)
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This sounds destined for failure. You don't need herbalife and smoothies. Don't go in with that "all or nothing" mindset. Just diligently log the calories MFP gives you on here, give it a few months, don't restrict yourself too much, maybe move around a bit more or do some exercise (but it isn't necessary) and you will succeed. And like hollyrayburn said above me, there are some long-timers on here who really know their *kitten*. Listen to them!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Good advice on this thread. It's a shame someone is flag happy today.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Good advice on this thread. It's a shame someone is flag happy today.

Apparently giving someone advice is abuse now.