• bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's not the neck that worries me about the bikini it's the boobs lol
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yep - a halter does wonders for pulling 'em up.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    After losing the weight from my pregnancy I was very, very disappointed in what I saw (boobs included). So I started strength training and lifting weights. After a year or so I looked a lot better and perkier, lol. Don't worry so much about it now. Things will bounce back. Focus on your health and fitness and you'll get to where you're more comfortable with things.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and have been at my goal weight for 3 years now; (45 lbs down). I have to admit, I look significantly older after the weight loss and there's not much to be done about that short of the surgical option. Like some of the other replies have said: there's not much control you have over time and genetics. One thing I will say to ALL younger people; wear your sunglasses outside so as to avoid creating squinting lines and wear sunscreen. Those are two age-defying tips. Be happy about your success! Good luck to you.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    How about going to maintenance for a good while? Possibly 3 months. Doing this, keeping protein and vitamins at good levels you may give your body time to recover and time for you to appreciate your new shape. Should you decide to go lower take it easy possibly .5 of a lb a week. So it takes longer but the skin damage should be less.

As MM121 says Focus on fitness

Using sunglasses and sunscreen, factor as high as you can, will help the skin over time, a second older voice here.
  • bexilashious
    Options
    Thanks
    I've written all this down
    Off to buy some factor 50 tomorrow
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Scarves. I wear a lot of scarves. I have a turkey neck and I am very self conscious about it.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I lost fairly quickly. It's taken a year for my skin to shrink noticeably.

I'm the same weight I was in April, but everyone at my winter community thinks I've lost more when I returned after 6 months at home.... really it's just skin shrinkage. BTW I'm 60 and lost just over 60 pounds....
  • bexilashious
    Options
    LOL!!
    Plus I'd be getting a workout too!
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think resistance training and eating according to your goals/ work outs can help (a professor told me this when I was in college health and wellness) lol
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    guys have the "fat pad" area down below around the sporting section... so we have our cross to bear as well... granted, losing weight is helping with that :)
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    grapaj wrote: »
    I lost about 40lbs 3 or 4 years ago and have kept it off. Now at age 41 I really notice the gobble gobble and my facial skin just seems to be sagging. Just today I was like "if I just had a bit of face fat...." and then I shook my head, gobble neck and all, and said get a grip of yourself, woman.

Age is not in my favour to repair it, I guess.

Sorry. I just had to laugh at this. It rings true for me as well. :) I'm learning to accept it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    TAMayorga wrote: »
    I am 51 and have been at my goal weight for 3 years now; (45 lbs down). I have to admit, I look significantly older after the weight loss and there's not much to be done about that short of the surgical option. Like some of the other replies have said: there's not much control you have over time and genetics. One thing I will say to ALL younger people; wear your sunglasses outside so as to avoid creating squinting lines and wear sunscreen. Those are two age-defying tips. Be happy about your success! Good luck to you.

I'm 49 and look significantly younger since the weight loss

Genetics, rate of loss and proper progressive resistance training
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    42lbs over 11 weeks is kind of excessive and dangerous to a lot more than a bit of lose skin. I'm surprised you aren't seeing issues in your hair, nails, hormones, mood

Please slow down your weight loss, and try to stop being so goal date oriented ..that's a pathway to yo-yo dieting which you will regret far more

Find a decent gym get on a free weights programme with a good PT
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Why does the title of this thread make me hungry? I don't even eat meat and when I did eat meat i didn't even like turkey. :)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    guys have the "fat pad" area down below around the sporting section... so we have our cross to bear as well... granted, losing weight is helping with that :)

"Sporting section..." :lol: