8 more pounds!

Options
I am beginning to get bored with weight loss. EIGHT pounds from goal...and losing sight of the END.....Tired of making two meals-one for him..and a salad and Boca Burger for me-every meal....I LOVE TO COOK...BAKE AND CREATE in the kitchen...miss an occasional cocktail with my S.O. and an occasional breakfast out.....LOSING only one pound per week means two more months of the above.....ANY SUGGETIONS?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    8 weeks? You are bored? Reality check here, you can eat what SO eats, just less. That's my life, I eat the same thing as SO and son but eat less! My diary is open, check it out.
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating salad and Boca Burgers? You're one of the fortunate people that loves to cook and create so you could be having fun creating low calorie, delicious meals. If you don't like what you're doing now to lose the weight, how will you maintain your weight loss at the "end". This is your chance to make a lifestyle change that can carry your through maintenance, a lifetime, of keeping the weight off.
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

I love love love cooking and baking! I find what helps is logging a day in advance so I can plan out having home made chicken fingers with sweet potatoe/squash fries. I love preplanning a pizza slice and the occasional Gin and Club Soda cocktale.

Weight loss isnt the ens of your life! I learned this this passed weekend. I had guests over and made dip for chips and veggies, jalapeño poppers, mozza sticks and chicken nuggets. I preplanned everything, even my drinks that I had. Granted i couldnt eat 6 mozza sticks lol i had 1...but kept busy in the kitchen cooking for everyone.

If you love cooking and being creative with food, don't stop! Experiment with new foods...instead of bacon and eggs, I started grilling zuccini and served that with eggs, a side of toast. Its the same foods, just a little healthier :)

Don't stop cooking, just find new things to cook! You can eat EVERYTHING you SO eats, just less, and if you dont want to eat less, use an alternative. My hubby had chicken and fries last night...all home made...but I opted out for Squash and sweet potatoe, cut like fries. So I'm eating more, and basically the same as my hubby :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to get bored with weight loss. EIGHT pounds from goal...and losing sight of the END.....Tired of making two meals-one for him..and a salad and Boca Burger for me-every meal....I LOVE TO COOK...BAKE AND CREATE in the kitchen...miss an occasional cocktail with my S.O. and an occasional breakfast out.....LOSING only one pound per week means two more months of the above.....ANY SUGGETIONS?

You should be able to do all those things and still lose weight...
  • Kkvkkv
    Kkvkkv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What will happen when you reach your goal?
  • juma4474
    juma4474 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is that you figure out a way to make eating healthy and being fit a lifestyle. If you continue to feel it is a struggle, you will never stick with it long term and this end up gaining the weight back. I did the lose and gain roller coaster for years. I too, love to bake and cook. After many trials and errors, I realized I needed to figure out a long term lifestyle, not just another diet. I eat 80/20 and have created many recipes that are healthier versions of my families favorite foods. Feel free to add me; I'd love to have additional support and accountability.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    That's quite a confusing thread to me.
    1. Why aren't you eating the things you like while losing?
    2. What do you imagine will be different when you lose the rest?

You will only be able to eat a few hundred more calories. How is this going to be so much different than now?