Really stupid question

Options
But are kettlebell exercises considered cardio or strength training?

Replies

• dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It depends on the exercises. Are you doing some sort of DVD with it? If so I would actually count it as both. If you're just doing it as weight training, then strength only.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer but it is not a stupid question. We're all here to get educated about health, so that's what you're doing. Don't feel like it's a stupid question. Im sure there are others wondering the same thing. Good Luck!
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    cario, because of your heart rate
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    At first glance I thought this said "kegle exercises" and it made me giggle. :blushing:
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I love my K-bell.... I think you COULD log as both..but I log it as Cardio, because my heart rate goes UP!!
    ;)
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It's both. The place I do kettlebell/circuit training, I expect to burn about 600s calories/hr
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'd put it under cardio so you can get some points for it...i put weight training under cardio too, because if you put it under strength training you won't get a calorie burn
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    At first glance I thought this said "kegle exercises" and it made me giggle. :blushing:

Which would totally be strength training, btw. :tongue:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    cario, because of your heart rate

Technically, cardio exercise is defined as aerobic exercise. It's any exercise that is designed to improve the amount of oxygen in your blood.

So you CAN do cardio with kettlebells, but you need to do them at a quick enough pace that your heart is pumping hard and your sweating.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I like Carmel corn better than kettle corn.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options

Which would totally be strength training, btw. :tongue:

OMG! I keep smiling. Thanks for the laugh!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well I use an HRM, so I record them as cardio. . The training video that I have I am doing squats and lunges and using the kettlebell!
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    not a stupid question...

if you're doing an exercise with a heavy kettlebell for 10 reps and resting a minute between sets then that would be considered strength training.

if you're using a light kettle bell and doing different exercises for 15 minutes (or however long you like) without a break then that would be more of a cardio workout.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    not a stupid question...

if you're doing an exercise with a heavy kettlebell for 10 reps and resting a minute between sets then that would be considered strength training.

if you're using a light kettle bell and doing different exercises for 15 minutes (or however long you like) without a break then that would be more of a cardio workout.

good answer
  • WowieGarcia
    Options
    not a stupid question...

Makes sense. Cardio it is then. Thanks!