weights while power walking

Options
I have been considering on taking some light weights on my hands as I power walk. Any of you have done this? If so, do you curl or how do you hold you weights and have you seen any changes or feel the benefit?

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i bet that would help a lot. I see people do it at the gym a lot. I don't really walk that much, more running, so I have never tried it, but I am sure it helps a lot. You should do it! =] and just hold them and walk normal with them swinging arms or whatever
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    hands, totally! great workout!!
    however, i wouldnt recommend ever adding ankle weights. it changes your bodies balance and you are more likely to fall or spain something
  • blacktallon
    Options
    I would consider buying wrist weights. :) You may find that better as it would leave your hands free.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I run with weights that strap on to my wrists and thumb (kinda like a glove) . it makes for a nice balance and my hands are still free.... i do notice a difference.
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    So if you do, do you just swing your arms back and forth at the strech down level or at the running level?

Yeah, no ankle weights for me, I don't think my knees would be able to take it!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I burn more calories. Sometimes I would do curls, sometimes I bring it up forward up to shoulders giving my shoulders some workout.