Smart Points vs MFP

honeybee739
honeybee739 Posts: 66 Member
edited November 2016 in Getting Started
I'm currently an online member of Weight Watchers and have been parallel tracking in both mfp and ww app.

My personal experience is that mfp is way more forgiving. WW fans will say, but you can eat 1200 calories of crap and still lose weight where WW pushes you toward healthier choices.

I get that. I get that I could eat 1200 calories of frozen meals and call it a day. Gross. But I don't do that. On mfp I can get away with eating some not so great foods and still lose weight if I'm under calories. I'm also making good choices as well which is much more sustainable for me.

With the new smart points plan I feel punished for eating anything with sugar or carbs. I know if you are going for overall weightloss and health, that's the way to go but it's really hard. For me anyway.

Maybe I'm just making excuses and being a wimp?

My questions are, what do you prefer? Counting calories or points? And if you track on here, do you try to hit macro goals or are you just concerned with overall calories? I seem to always be a bit over my carbs and fat but not eating enough protein. Even if Im at or under calorie goal. Should I also stress over that or just focus on calories to get started?

Replies

• d_waters
    d_waters Posts: 11 Member
    I just started again on mfp. I have just cancelled my ww subscription during my free 3 mos! I am following macro counts and I swear, I have never been able to eat so much! Weird that I am looking for fat! On ww ... think the system was easier, but the food decisions got boring.... got totally tired of wraps!! And several other things. I can eat 2 cups of rice on my macro counting.... real butter, I actually have to have candy on hand to fill in the blanks.
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    I also have trouble hitting my macros, but can easily keep my calories in line. I have been logging for 80 days and have lost 11 lbs. Feeling very motivated. Wanting to lose a total of 50 by the 4th of July. 8 pounds behind my schedule at the moment, but feel I can make it up in the next 8 months!!