Crash The Calories

Options
Hello,
Im a little stuck and i was wondering if theres anyone out there who can suggest something for me..
Without doing a "Crash Diet" then gaining the weight back if not more how is it possible to loose weight at a quickish pace?

Also i have a problem with binge eating of a night im brilliant thourghout the day but night time it goes pear shaped! :( My binge is mostly cereal, biscuits and ice creams what can i do to stop myself? Or has anyone has anything similiar and what did you do to stop it?
Thanks.

Replies

• marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    add more exercise! If you binge, make yourself "walk it off". I walk a LOT and it means I get to eat a little extra.

Counting calories tends to help me control those cravings....knowing how much something is BEFORE eating it makes the decision a little easier.

If I *do* give in though I try to walk extra or go for a run or something to make up for it.

As to faster, more exercise might be the solution to that, too. I know how ya feel, I am losing weight for a wedding and I feel like I can't lose enough by the time it comes around. BUT I don't want to crash diet for it, so I am upping how much I walk, adding a few more workouts (I do 30 day shred) and hoping for the best :)

I also have to just accept that it's not going to be as fast....but also I am more likely to not yo-yo back and forth this way. A friend of mine lost weight more dramatically but she was miserable and cranky and half-starved the whole time.

Good luck!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Right before you binge strip down to your underwear and go weigh yourself. Then check out how fat your stomach looks.

It worked last time I did it, anyway. =/
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The best thing to stop binging is to not bring the stuff in the house! I don't know if you are into juicing at all but there is a thing called a juice fast where you replace all your meals with fruit/ veggie juice for 10 or more days. There is an amazing movie on netflix called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead that talks about it and he has a website to check out. I got my juicer at Walmart for 50 bucks and my food bill was about half when i only bought fruit/veg and nothing in a box.
  • astonbird
    astonbird Posts: 8
    Options
    Thankyou for the help, i feel more positive already!
    Im definately going to give what you said a try with the seeing how many calories or fat are in it before eating it, i think that might actually help me.. Oh dont im dead sure your make it for the wedding but just think even if youve lost some and not the amount you wanted to at least your heading in the right direction and plus youve not just stayed at the same weight your looking better, no doubt feeling better and more healthy. Good luck im sure your do it!
    Thankyou for your help.
  • astonbird
    Options
    Oh gosh underwear i think id die before i even got on the scales! Hmm good way of shocking yourself though and if it worked for you might have to try it to! Thankyou.

A juice diet aye oh ive heard of them but i totally forgot about even considering doing one but definately sounds like it could help as its all health foods in a liquid form so body breaks it down quicker, wow sounds like such a good idea. Ill check out that website now is it.. is it a website or on youtube? Thanks for the suggestion!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I agree with not bringning those tempting treats home, although I have kids and a fiance so sometimes that just doesn't happen. It does take a little while to build up your willpower.

I work out in the evenings, I do have dinner, but after my workout I do not even feel like having junk food - I just want my choc milk, stretch and shower! LOL

Another thing you can do is drink a glass of ice cold water or make yourself some decaf tea, sometimes when i'm thirsty I mistake that for hunger.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    He has a website and I think you can watch the video from there as well. If you can do it for 10 days it migh be just the thing to bust through those cravings.
  • astonbird
    Options
    It must be hard with children of course as they can eat what they like in moderation as their always running abour active and burning it off so i have to hand it to you you definately have to have will power! Well done! I think that is my problem i mistake my need of a drink of hunger so ill try the ice water as that might be what im doing wrong my bingeing is really my body needing fluids! Thankyou.

Brilliant i am definately going to try the juice diet and see how i go.

Thanks everyone!!!!! Its really helped me :D