Fashion has changed!

Options
jps2222
jps2222 Posts: 61 Member
I spent some time tonight trying on clothes that I haven't worn for years. Figured now that I *can* wear them again, I should figure out if I *want* to wear them again. Turns out I should have gotten rid of most of them years ago - what was the deal with pleated pants and really wide legs?! The good news is that I have a lot more room in my closet now!

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    I like palazzo pants and I can't wait for them to come back. Matter of fact, I might not wait. :)

I have seen them in the stores, makes me think I should have kept mine. Bell bottoms, or should I say boot cut is also back in style.....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This is why i never buy "goal" clothes! It seems like good motivation but knowing my luck, they will be crimped out of fashion by the time they fit , and a complete waste of money
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    jps2222 wrote: »
    I like palazzo pants and I can't wait for them to come back. Matter of fact, I might not wait. :)

If these were palazzo pants it would be a whole different (very cool) story. Sadly, all of mine are just huge thighs that taper toward the ankle. And one pair is corduroy. Definitely beyond salvation.

OOOHHHHH. Yeah, I know the kind you mean. That was never a good look.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

I have seen them in the stores, makes me think I should have kept mine. Bell bottoms, or should I say boot cut is also back in style.....

Except that boot cut generally maxed out at modest width, bell bottoms enjoyed no limits. The lines have been blurred however it seems; I tried on a pair of "boot cut" and they were ridiculously wide. :)
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have so many clothes which fit this size. I didn't think about buying new stuff. What did you do with all your old clothes? I would hate to throw away my business stuff!
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Only buy for style, not for fashion

one lasts a season
    one lasts forever
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

Palazzo pants ARE in... check the latest Vogue and Elle magazines ;)
    Fall 2016 runway:
    _LUC0508.jpg
  • Sara1791
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »

Fall 2016 runway:
    _LUC0508.jpg

I could SO rock that look.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I was about 40 when I put on my weight, and now 52. The good clothes that I'd hung on to are suitable for a young-for-her-age thirty-something in the '90s and early '00s. Far too many mini skirts, crop tops, etc. And yes, the bellbottoms! They'd look ridiculous on me now, regardless of fashion!
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Fall 2016 runway:
    _LUC0508.jpg

Is that a slinky on her wrist?

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    stm712015 wrote: »

Fall 2016 runway:
    _LUC0508.jpg

Is that a slinky on her wrist?

Looks like it to me.....LOL
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Rockin' the slinky....and those shades B)B)B):#
  • jps2222
    jps2222 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    dtmwed wrote: »
    I have so many clothes which fit this size. I didn't think about buying new stuff. What did you do with all your old clothes? I would hate to throw away my business stuff!

I'll be donating them, along with my kids' outgrown clothes. For business clothes, think about finding an organization that provides business attire for low income women who are trying to get into the workforce.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »

one lasts a season
    one lasts forever

Khaki trenchcoat comes to mind; crisp white long sleeve button up dress shirt (for women); skirts that hit right below the knee in black or navy....classic styles...when in doubt go to a high end dept. store, or look at what bankers wear to the office; or what lawyers wear to court.
  • Sara1791
    Options

one lasts a season
    one lasts forever

Khaki trenchcoat comes to mind; crisp white long sleeve button up dress shirt (for women); skirts that hit right below the knee in black or navy....classic styles...when in doubt go to a high end dept. store, or look at what bankers wear to the office; or what lawyers wear to court.

one lasts a season
    one lasts forever

True but eventually even those items will seem a little off. The lapels will be strangely wide or the shirt will have an odd doodad or be fitted in a particular way. But generally yes, classic styles last longer. Then again, they're a little less fun and experimental.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!