Do I keep pedaling?

Options
Dam went over by 600 calories, that means I have to sit on this 22 yr old bike with the unfriendly seat and pedal for 70 mins to get back in the black. That will be till 11.30pm. Should I do it? Can i do it? Waiting for your response have laptop balanced on handlebars.

Replies

• ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    do it!!! atleast half that way you are only over by 300! Every bit helps! You will be happy you did!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, hehe...why not try for a half hour? If you're over by 300, you still have a 200 calorie deficit (500 cals from MFP - 300 eaten = 200 under maintenance).
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1 day isn't going to make you gain weight. just so long as you don't do it every day. Everyone has theses days every now and again. I wouldn't worry too much.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    just eat a little under the next day....your weeks calories should even out....
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Go for it!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    25 mins and still pedaling, Sore bum hope it goes numb soon. :laugh:
  • formeonly
    formeonly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have to smile at the thought of you sitting there with your laptop balanced on your handle bars. I am currently planning a 30 mile round trip ride for the day. Where do you ride? I usually ride the towpath or the bike an hike trail. My son and I are planning on riding the sweetcorn challenge together at the end of the month. I am now trying to do some hill work so I don't die on the ride. What type of bike do you have and why is your saddle so uncomfortable? Most people that complain of uncomfortable saddles keep trying softer and softer paddings, saddles, shorts, etc. All that does is shove the soft stuff further into your soft bottom. You may want to try a harder saddle. I know it sounds crazy but it works. I currently ride on a leather saddle. No padding at all on the saddle just the padding of my cycling shorts. I am 50 lbs overweight and not loosing a thing because I can't get my eating under control. I just put back on what I lost riding GOBA (258 miles in a week).

Good luck and Yes....keep pedaling!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Ita a v ery old exercise bike. One whhel. I do not have a 2 wheel bike. Am not game to go outside, hat.e cars, potholes, dogs etc. But i keep saying I will buy a new exercise ribe. Probably a recumbent with the big seat and back rest. Aftrer this stint probably will buy quite soon.
    Ps. the rear is not going numb but boy i wish it would. 45mins done
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    oh darn see the bad typing/spelling blame sweat it eyes and wobble on handle bars
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Ita a v ery old exercise bike. One whhel. I do not have a 2 wheel bike. Am not game to go outside, hat.e cars, potholes, dogs etc. But i keep saying I will buy a new exercise ribe. Probably a recumbent with the big seat and back rest. Aftrer this stint probably will buy quite soon.
    Ps. the rear is not going numb but boy i wish it would. 45mins done

Do it. My back is shot (ruptured and herniated disks), and my recumbent is a lifesaver, literally. It's so nice on the back and the bum!

Kris
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Go Jen Go! If I had a cheerleader outfit I would don it and cheer you on from my living room! You'll be so proud of yourself if you manage it but don't tire yourself too much or you'll be out of action tomorrow!

You really are amazing!

Gimmie a 'J'! Gimmie an 'E'! Gimmie an 'N'! LOL!!

And once you're done you DEFINITELY deserve that recumbent! So get searching! xxx
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    7 mins to go
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    DONE DONE DONE, TOOK A BIT TO GET THE BIKE SEAT TO RELEASE ME.:blushing:

BUT I DID IT.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    1/2hr wont kill ya! :)
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Haha that is awesome. I think I have the same bike and have definetely been stuck in the same situation. Way to go!
  • formeonly
    formeonly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! I got out and rode 34.89 very hilly miles today. Wish I could have done it without the car that almost hit me, the dog that chased me, and the hill that kicked my backside. One good thing, I did not embarrass myself by having to walk :)
    Goal: riding the 50 mile loop (very hilly) of the sweetcorn challenge on July 31 with my son.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options

BUT I DID IT.

WELL DONE!
  • orangejellybean
    orangejellybean Posts: 53 Member
    Options

BUT I DID IT.

Jenni you are amazing!!! Good on you!!! You keep me inspired :D:D