Still feeling hungry:(

Options
So I've been trying to stick to eating as many calories as this app tells me too but when I eat a small meal I don't feel happy and wish I could have eaten more. This has been happening for 3 days now.

So what are some foods that I can eat that will help me feel fuller and are low on the calorie side :)
Thanks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm a volume eater and don't like small meals, so I bulk out with a lot of vegetables. Otherwise, it's hard to recommend anything as your diary is closed, and you haven't said what you have eaten.
  • kaylacoffman2016
    kaylacoffman2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like to eat fruits.
    Or celery with peanut butter. I don't know what you prefer but it always helps me if I feel the need to eat more.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Mountains of vegetables. I love to feel full too.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    oatmeal with chia seeds. Drink lot water... And yes, veggies. Cut down on simple carbs.
  • cindabailey
    cindabailey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been making a batch of veggie soup once a week. Grab any veggies you have and cook them just covered in broth until they are all mushy. Make sure there is garlic and onion or shallots. A bell pepper adds tons of flavor. Once they are mush puree in a blender and eat before meal or after if you are still hungry.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Don't look for low calorie food. Portion your calories better. Try eating fewer but bigger meals. Have an assortment of nutrient dense foods for each meal. Have food from all food groups every day. Cook from scratch.

Oh, and don't expect to not ever wanting to eat more. That's perfectly normal. There's a long way from hungry to feeling you could have eaten more.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I do better on 2 larger meals a day. Because I don't feel full, ever, on tiny ones.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm a volume eater and don't like small meals, so I bulk out with a lot of vegetables. Otherwise, it's hard to recommend anything as your diary is closed, and you haven't said what you have eaten.

I do the same. I volumize my meals with lots of veggies and I drink 2 or 3 16 ounce bottles of water. I like to feel full after eating.
  • Nawarti
    Nawarti Posts: 34 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I take a tomato, small chunk of cucumber and a small green apple to work. I slice these up into a salad to fill me up with my lunch (always previous night's leftovers). This fills me up quite nicely. I also drink a big cup of water before all my meals.
  • frammis4242
    frammis4242 Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    i second the soup option as all the liquid in it makes you feel like you ate more food than you actually did. you should also get used to eating small meals every 2 hours or so, so after you eat a small meal if you feel hungry still you can make yourself feel better by thinking you only have to wait 2 more hours before you get to eat again

you should also burn more calories by doing some low intensity exercise like walking to nearby places you'd usually drive to or riding a bike so when you get back you can have a big filling meal
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    1) Drink more water
    2) Increase volume of meals with low calorie veg
    3) Eat 2 bigger meals in a small eating window (IF)
    4)Realise that your "hunger" feeling probably isn't hunger
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are trying to lose weight too quickly. What are your stats? Someone with 10 or 15 lbs to lose, for example, shouldn't enter 2lb/week weight loss.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I make sure to include a lot of veggies with my meals. Like, 300g of cabbage or something similar. I like volume, and it fills me up.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't need to eat tiny meals if you plan them well. Lean meats with lots of veg or salad will fill you up better than using the same calories for a smaller meal with more simple carbs and fatty meats.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes what the others have said. And I really am just learning this. I eat my small meal with lots of veggies. For now I stick with broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, carrots. I buy the steamed packets because they are quick and easy. If I am extra hungry I will eat a cup of raw carrots and usually a dip of a dressing with them. As far as the dressing I'm just dipping but I'm sure I consume about a tablespoon. Since I'm still losing I haven't weighed but if I reach a plateau I will measure the dressing.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you set your goal on the app to be too harsh like 2lbs/week? Because unless you are very overweight this could be very restrictive and potentially leading to failure.

If you have set a reasonable goal and still feel hungry then most of the above advice about eating more veg is good.

How much does the app tell you to eat?