Hello everyone

Options
Hello I am new to the task of losing weight. I am 5 foot tall and weight 250 pounds. My goal is to change my unhealthy eating and lose at least 50-70 pounds. (my ultimate goal is 100 pounds but I thought it would be easier if I started out small) This is really hard for me and I have barley lost any weight so far. For about a month I have been going to the gym at least four times a week for an hour, but for some reason this has not been helping me lose weight. Any advice or encouragement would really help me stay motivated, and I would really appreciate it.

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family...you'll enjoy it here.
  • fittingmyblues
    Options
    Hello Parker,
    Being new here my self, you have a jump on the program but I wanted to ask, are you working with a trainer at the gym or by your self? Sometimes having a buddy to work out with can help stimulate you to push a little further then when your alone.
    Years ago while I was lifting weights I found I had plateaued on certain areas. I turned to some of the more experienced lifters and they helped me realize, that you have to trick your body into burning fat and calories. The body adapts to the work outs and wont let go of anything it doesn't have to. Switch up routines and try new ones to work on other areas. I m looking forward to dropping some unwanted weight, but learning how to change my eating habits will be my first challenge.

Good luck.
  • Meparker3
    Meparker3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice. When I go to the gym I go by myself. I do not really have a work out routine, I will walk on the treadmill for about 30 min and then lift weights for about 30 min. It would really help if I had someone to tell me how much weight I should be lifting or what machines I should work out on because there are so many different ones. I am also have some trouble knowing the exact foods to eat, and everything not to eat (besides fast food).