F, 25, 262lbs

Options
Hello, my name is Riley. I'm female and 25 years old and to start... I really let myself go. I was overweight my whole life, usually around 190 pounds (I'm 5'7") but... 3 years ago, my parents were both in a car crash and died after a few days in the hospital. It was very stressful on me and I remember going home after their deaths and eating everything I could, everything I saw, until my stomach hurt so much I couldn't focus on how much their death was hurting me. After their funeral, I opted out of the meal we were going to after and instead opted to go to the store and bought everything that looked good to me and ate it alone in my room.

I didn't do that every day, and my binging settled down after a while, but my weight still slowly but surely crept up by 72 pounds. My BMI is 41. I'm going to lose this weight and then some.

I'm fairly active for my high weight, I walk around a lot and I'd like to get into running as I used to do it before all this weight gain and enjoyed it. I'm also a fan of biking so once it warms up again I might buy a bike and start doing that. :)

My calorie net for now is 1600, I may lower it if I find I'm not losing, or up it if I have no energy. I'm coming from an intake of about 3200-3500... so pretty dramatic difference. I'll adjust as needed, though.

I'd love to make some friends to join me on my journey! My first goal is 200 pounds, and then 150, but I think ultimately I'd be comfortable around 120-140 (with lots of muscle of course- gonna start lifting weights ;).)

Replies

• mbarquera54
    mbarquera54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new as of today as well Riley. Congrats on taking the first step with the rest of us that need to get healthy.
  • HopeX94
    HopeX94 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Riley, so glad your taking this step! I'd be happy to support you and we can go through this journey together

X
  • Khatru84
    Khatru84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Riley would love to be supportive!