Starvation Mode.

Options
2»

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with this overeaters anomonyuse thing.
    This is there 12 steps ->>..

(1) We admitted we were powerless over food – that our lives had become
    unmanageable.
    (2) Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to
    sanity.
    (3) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God
    as we understood Him.
    (4) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
    (5) Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature
    of our wrongs.
    (6) Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
    (7) Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
    (8) Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends
    to them all.
    (9) Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do
    so would injure them or others.
    (10) Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted
    it.
    (11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact
    with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for
    us and the power to carry that out.
    (12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried
    to carry this message to compulsive overeaters and to practice these principles in
    all our affairs.

I mean im religious.. But im not a christian / catholic. Im a wiccan. And i find this a little offensive if im honest..
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't like to judge people's goals, but... a 13.5 inch thigh? Really? My calves are 14 inches. And I have very slim calves. At my skinniest (read: unhealthiest) I had a 22" waist, but 18 inch thighs. Please seek professional help before you irreversibly damage your health. :heart: You are a young, thing, beautiful woman, and you're beating yourself up over ... over nothing. Your daily goal is only 800 calories. Please... talk to someone.
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating clean for two weeks. Only eat foods found in the perimeter of your local grocery store; everything in the middle is garbage. Reduce/remove starchy carbs and artificial sugars and stop consuming processed foods all together. I would also recommend refraining from the use of added oils and sauces when cooking. NO SODA; DIET OR REGULAR. Food is fuel so give your body the best kinds. Hope this helps and good luck.
  • Helice
    Options
    You don't need to starve to stop the cravings. Just stop eating those foods you crave (you crave sugar, stop eating anything with more than natural sugar, etc). It will take a week or so, but you can do it!

Also, here is an article about starvation mode that made me change my thinking:
    http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/03/mtyhbusters-starvation-mode.html

Everyone has a different opinion, so please don't yell at or lecture me! I do eat back some of my exercise calories, I just calculate my "starvation" level different. Based on my BMR, I don't dip below 800 calories per day.

Good luck to you!

That links really got some interesting points..
    I think iv got a whole new view towards starvation mode now.
    Thnx for posting it ^-^
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    on another note.....never consume less than 1200 cal/day. Artifical sweeteners and processed foods fuel cravings because they are filled with chemicals that hinder the natural leptin responses in our brains (the "i'm full mechanism"). Eat slowly and give your brain time to catch up with your mouth. :)
  • Helice
    Options
    I don't like to judge people's goals, but... a 13.5 inch thigh? Really? My calves are 14 inches. And I have very slim calves. At my skinniest (read: unhealthiest) I had a 22" waist, but 18 inch thighs. Please seek professional help before you irreversibly damage your health. You are a young, thing, beautiful woman, and you're beating yourself up over ... over nothing. Your daily goal is only 800 calories. Please... talk to someone.

Im nowhere near this goal.
    thats why its my dream one..
    its like the size i want to be if i was ever to be a model, etc..

and this fast wouldnt be about looseing weight, it would be about trying to clear my body of all forms of crap.
  • Helice
    Options
    i saw a documentary recently called "fat, sick and nearly dead" where a guy did a juice fast for 60 days and then only ate real foods afterward. sounds a bit more doable to me than a water-only fast. it helped him kick cravings, lose weight, and get healthier. might be worth checking into. i plan to do it in a few weeks after my vacation.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

im gonna watch this later tonight.
    thnx for the link! =)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bed if you allowed yourself to eat to a higher calorie goal, and that more can be really healthy foods, you wouldn't crave KFC and McD's. You're having a hard time staying away from it because your body wantsand needs MORE than you're giving it.

Not only that, if you have a goal of, say 1300, and you eat 1200, you're going to psychologically feel a lot better about yourself than if you're goal is 800 and you are 400 calories "over."
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You don't need to starve to stop the cravings. Just stop eating those foods you crave (you crave sugar, stop eating anything with more than natural sugar, etc). It will take a week or so, but you can do it!

Also, here is an article about starvation mode that made me change my thinking:
    http://fattyfightsback.blogspot.com/2009/03/mtyhbusters-starvation-mode.html

Everyone has a different opinion, so please don't yell at or lecture me! I do eat back some of my exercise calories, I just calculate my "starvation" level different. Based on my BMR, I don't dip below 800 calories per day.

Good luck to you!

This is awesome!!!!! Thank you for sharing!