What are your short term/non scale goals?

I'm having some trouble setting short term goals, and non scale goals as well. I can only seem to focus on this huge amount of weight I want to lose, then I get discouraged and fall off track. What are some of your short terms?

Replies

• stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    edited November 2016
    I like focusing on the next mini goal. It helps not to be overwhelmed when looking at the total amount of weight I needed to lose. I liked having lots of little mile stones so I broke it up into 10 lbs goals; also added 1/4 mark, 1/2 way mark, and 3/4 mark; and also added getting under 200, BMI overweight mark, and my final goal of BMI healthy. It's a lot of little goals but I could celebrate each step along the way and it has kept me very motivated. BTW, I've lost 70 lbs and am just 15 lbs from goal with a few more mini-goals before getting there. :D
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Short term goal: get pants to being comfy again! (I will not go up any sizes!)
    Non-scale goal: want to cosplay as Wonder Woman at my next con, and look awesome and strong!
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    I tend to get frustrated with myself when I set weight goals. Of course I still do it, but that's because I'm a glutton for punishment. I use fitness goals to achieve my weight goals such as taking so many steps in a day or doing 10 push-ups every hour. Good luck to you.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    I'd love to do this figure by Christmas

i0c2l40h6d75.jpg
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    I would really like to not feel my back fat rolls dropping over onto themselves and touching me... cos I can feel it sat here and it creeps me out!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Are you focussing on exercise in addition to diet? Exercise can provide a nice boost in self esteem and accomplishment irrespective of weight. Such as being able to run a mile, doing yoga everyday for 30 straight, being able to do 10 push ups. You could set diet goals, like if you eat fast food, prepare all meals at home for a week, take your lunch to work instead of buying it, setting Macro goals and trying to achieve those, trying one new type of produce a day, etc.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Eating meat less often. Cutting back to once or twice a week.
    Getting a minimum of 5,000 steps every day.
    Logging more accurately.
  • krissy5686
    krissy5686 Posts: 51 Member
    I want to do my workouts without any modifications! I'm almost there, but still do pushups on my knees most of the time. I want to feel strong and confident!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Deadlift 200lbs for 1 rep by the end of the year. 10 lbs to go...
  • amandabethc
    amandabethc Posts: 16 Member
    Mine is kind of lame...I want to be able to buy clothes for myself at Old Navy. I'm about three sizes away from doing that.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    I've had many mini goals over the course of losing weight. I started at 378 in January 2016. I have lost 140 Lbs so far and just got past one of my goals which was to get halfway to my goal. At first I didn't have any extra goals but just doing it. When I lost 50 Lbs it felt so good so then my first mini goal was to get under 300. After that I did the 1/3 of my weight down. Now I am focused on getting to where my weight left to lose is under 100. I've also set a mini goal to lose down to 220 by my birthday at the end of December as a birthday present. After that I will focus on breaking under 200. I have some strange ones coming up which will be losing half of my original body weight which I will hit at 189. Your goals can be anything you want. It just has to mean something to you.
    I also had a few so far that were cloths related. Good luck on your journey!
  • Laceyden
    Laceyden Posts: 18 Member
    Current mini-goal...no added sugar until Thanksgiving. (I started 8 days ago.) I will have another mini-goal from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve. I just haven't decided what it will be yet.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    The shortest term goals I have are each day I wake up and my goal is to eat within my calorie goal for the day and try to consume 100 grams of protein.

That's the shortest term goal I can think of (1 day) and also the most effective to reach my long term weight loss goals.

Just hit that calorie goal every day and the weight loss will happen.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Want to easily squat 225 and deadlift 315. I'm also trying to break the habit of dessert. Also...I'd be proud of myself if I could actually stay in a deficit for a month.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    My non-scale goals come in the form of 1) fitness and 2) education.

In other words ... I've got a long bicycle ride coming up, so I'd better train for it. Or ... I've got an assignment due next week, I'd better get on that!

I find that focusing on other things, like fitness and education, really helped me. :)