hips unwidening? hip displacia?

Options
I have been running for over a month for 3+ miles. I just started P90X Monday. I don't know where I got this pain from.
My inner thighs, muscles around my hips and lower abs hurt.
I did Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X on Monday. Could these be attributed to these pains?
I've been eating lots of protein (1g per body pound a day) and haven't been losing weight, but have been losing inches. Could this pain be my bones in my hip region receding?
Could it be hip displacia?
Could it be something else?

Replies

• 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    I think Its most likely just soreness from the excises you've been doing your muscles may not be used to getting worked there but they'll get used to it.
  • SeaMonkey83
    Options
    I've worked through pain (and lots of it) in the past. This feels different. I don't want to risk injuring myself and not being able to workout for a while.
  • Scrogdor
    Scrogdor Posts: 4
    Options
    The reason your muscles hurt in those specific areas is because they are very rarely used muscles. You do not do enough leg work in the day, extending your legs in such a way that they actually pull on the tendons and ligaments that connect to your lower abs in the pelvic section. I recommend good stretching before and after, and also stretch in the morning and at night before you go to bed.

Remember, running is mainly all about the clafs and quads. It doesn't do much for your stomach and unless you are doing basketball drills or wind sprints it wont do much for the tendons and ligaments that run down the side of your legs either.

And you are doing to many muscle groups at once as well. Once your body starts to tire, the more you run the risk of injury as you do more muscle work. Stick to sets that work together....back/biceps, chest/triceps. If you do a solid core work out, it is a good idea to do it by itself, as it will pull on everything.

Hope some of this helps.
  • SeaMonkey83
    Options
    Ya it makes perfect sense. I never associated the ab muscles with other groups of muscles before. After a little bit more research it seems like I worked out my obliques and lower abdominal muscles that are attached to the hip flexor muscles near my inner thighs and groin. It seems like I could benefit from stretching them more and more and taking it a little easier on Ab Ripper X until they are stronger. Thanks for your help.