Gastric Bypass

Options
denisecc
denisecc Posts: 72 Member
I am asking anyone who has had Gastric Bypass for pros and cons of the surgery. I am considering it and would like the best advice I could get from those who have had it. Thank you.

Replies

• Flamingoer
    Options
    Hi! I am in my second month of a six month program to determine if my insurance will approve it. I have received all kinds of info on the different types and have decided on the sleeve gastrectomy for me that is if I decide to do it!! If you would like some of the info I got I could scan it for ya!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I did the sleeve, results are so similar and complications and risks are greatly reduced.

Best of Luck!

Feel free to message me if you want more info!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have never had the surgery so I am really not one to give an opinion... however, I do have a friend who had the surgery and looks amazing... He went from 409lbs at his biggest to 220lbs now, I do know the doctor asked him to lose some weight on his own first to show a serious step toward the surgery and know that it is a commitment and not some fad that can be easily discarded... Yes, he does look amazing... BUT he has also been in and out of the hospital 6 times in 2 years due to sickness related to the surgery, it does a lot to the system apparently for sugar intake (this I don't know for sure, just by what he has mentioned to me when I have visited in the hospital).. but everyone is different and your experience maybe quite different.. I suggest doing all the research you can (like you are doing now) and make your best decision... and again I don't have any real evidence just an opinion from what I've observed with my friend! Happy Losing either way! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!