Healthy but good tasting snacks

Options
leighannej68
leighannej68 Posts: 1 Member
I'm looking for a low-calorie good tasting snacks. Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas? Any of your ideas would be appreciated thanks!

Replies

• not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Everything listed above as well as almonds, cashews, or walnuts.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like hummus and veggies. Sometimes I make plain hummus then add a different stir-in so I don't get bored. Stir-ins I have tried are: diced pickled jalapeno, chopped sundried tomatoes, pesto, diced roasted red peppers, and sriracha.

Here is a seasonal hummus recipe I have been making too. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/08/masonable-mondays-5-snickerdoodle-hummus.html
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    jell-o brand sugar-free dark chocolate pudding -- 60 cals a cup and can't taste any of the artificial stuff
  • jessicarape582
    jessicarape582 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oikos triple zero yogurt. Nothing artificial, creamy, and a good snack to hold you over!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Oikos triple zero yogurt. Nothing artificial, creamy, and a good snack to hold you over!

Fake sugar & chicory root, no thanks.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I love dried mango strips. hmmm it's fruit jerky! Banana chips. They have about every fruit in dried form if you like the texture. I think it's almost like a gummy.
  • saarah703
    saarah703 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ever since eating healthy and dieting just a plain old banana tastes delicious, I never thought it tbh since I normally disliked them
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I like putting together a nut mix with some almonds and walnuts, I also pack single serving guacamole and dip carrots, cucumber and broccoli in it. I also do Greek yogurt with berries as a snack. An apple -- I have found if I buy good apples, like pink ladies or honeycrisp, they taste so stinking good.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    for snacks I have been eating 14 grapes and enough yogurt to cover. This is instead of my old ideas which was popcorn, tortilla chips, etc. :/
  • NoMoreCakey
    NoMoreCakey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually really like Special K! Their snacks range from about 80(ish) calories to somewhere in the low 100s. But otherwise, and I know a lot of people hate this, but I love cottage cheese with a little bit of sweet fruit. Always kept me full. :)
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with popcorn, tortilla or chips. Nothing.

umm... since when is movie theater popcorn, doritos or hot cheetos healthy?
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    Cucumber with salt. Don't knock it till you've tried it!!

that's actually pretty common lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    String cheese, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, fruit

I love wasabi peas, but too much. Every time I have them I finish the whole can and then can't taste anything for a couple of days.

I prefer my cucumber with cracked pepper
  • elizabethkuba517
    Options
    You can lso make protein balls
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with popcorn, tortilla or chips. Nothing.

umm... since when is movie theater popcorn, doritos or hot cheetos healthy?

Since ALWAYS. Its not what you eat, its how much you eat that matters. Nutrients are a different story.

The bolded bit should be the MFP slogan so we never have to write it again.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    slice of cheese with two slices of deli ham or turkey (sometimes I add pickle chips if I need the sodium), 2tbsp of almonds with 2Tbsp of raisins, cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes, plain Greek yogurt with a dab of honey or maple syrup, or if I am feeling really hungry, a chopped hard boiled egg, half of an avocado and a hand full of cherry tomatoes with a dab of vinegar.