Cheat days?

Options
New to my Weight loss journey. I started on 11/6 at 242.9 lbs, so I am less than a week in. I was wondering, how often do you give yourself cheat days? Once a week, twice a month, once in a blue moon, only when you hit goals? What is your extent of your Cheat day? Only one meal, do you go all out, do you hit all those missing cravings? I am down 8 lbs in less than a week, and I am hoping to hit 10 by Sunday (11/13).

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't, I fit treats into my weekly calories
  • Alannaemmett1
    Alannaemmett1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't, I fit treats into my weekly calories

Nice, at this point I am not going to give myself any space to fail. So right now I think I am going to try and stay focused so no cheat days for me, just yet. I think once I lose my first 25 lbs I might give myself a day to splurge. I see other people do it much more often, and I like being able to get ideas to help me plan my own successes! Thank you for your support!
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best route is to allow yourself treats in your daily budget so you don't need to cheat. If you do once in a while no biggie but frankly you set yourself up for failure if you plan to cheat. Cheat by budgeting your snacks in.

That being said yesterday was a total cheat day for me. If you have day you go overboard just keep on keeping on after that.