Walden Farms products

Options
Walden Farms makes a syrup that is calorie free and carb free. Has anyone tried this? I'm planning on buying it.

Replies

• mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    IMO - it is not very good. And has a ton of ingredients that I have no idea what they are. It is also not calorie free - it is 5 calories (but they can say zero based on crazy food regulations).
  • maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It is not very good. I actually don't like any of their products.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mumfy23 wrote: »
    IMO - it is not very good. And has a ton of ingredients that I have no idea what they are. It is also not calorie free - it is 5 calories (but they can say zero based on crazy food regulations).

Yes, I'm aware of the 5 calories, but we can burn that breathing.... I'm aware that if it's less than 5 calories, they are allowed to advertise as zero. 5 calories is negligible.

I appreciate your feedback. :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I liked the pancake syrup but didn't like the blueberry one.

I also tried one of their Honey Mustard dressings which was not too bad. 6.5/10.
  • leejoyce31
    Options
    I liked the pancake syrup but didn't like the blueberry one.

I also tried one of their Honey Mustard dressings which was not too bad. 6.5/10.

I plan on trying the pancake syrup and the walnut maple
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    IMO the pancake syrup isn't bad. Some of their products are good, some of them are disgusting.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I like their 1000 Island dressing. I don't believe I've tried anything else.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have never liked any of their dressings. I have to try the syrup though.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    We have the syrup here (my dad is diabetic) but I haven't tried it
  • leejoyce31
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks all. I hear that some of the products are good and some are horrible. I will see how the Walnut Maple syrup tastes and go from there. At first, I was going to buy that and the pancake syrup, but I will hold off on the pancake syrup for now.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    You know there is a search tool to search these forums, right? There are like 100 threads on there products :) i love the dressings and syrups!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I purchased it from a Canadian low carb grocery site and frankly it was kind of terrifying. The syrup doesn't "stick" so it just kind of rolls away. Tastes fine I guess but the texture is bizarre. Would definitely not purchase it again
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Just stay away from the peanut butter. I'm not sure what substance that stuff is, but I'm pretty sure I saw a SciFi movie about a monster made from it.. came from an asteroid.. but seriously it was gross. I have not had the heart to try any of the other products they have.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am not one to be afraid of chemicals and all that nonsense. But zero calorie peanut butter and ranch dressing - yeah even I am not going near that chemical nightmare. No thanks!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    They're all pretty gross, IMO.

gag.gif
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The syrup is gross... like a maple tree fell in a chemical plant retention pond. Their BBQ sauce isn't bad but wears out its welcome pretty quick.

That said, real maple syrup is about 53g of carb per 1/4 cup serving. Who the poop is using that much maple syrup. Halving/Quartering that serving size into a TBSP or two will bring the carbs down to a reasonable (worth it for taste alone) 13g per TBSP.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »
    The syrup is gross... like a maple tree fell in a chemical plant retention pond. Their BBQ sauce isn't bad but wears out its welcome pretty quick.

That said, real maple syrup is about 53g of carb per 1/4 cup serving. Who the poop is using that much maple syrup. Halving/Quartering that serving size into a TBSP or two will bring the carbs down to a reasonable (worth it for taste alone) 13g per TBSP.

rx0bx12okb6n.jpg

But you need more than a TBSP for this goodness...
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »

rx0bx12okb6n.jpg

But you need more than a TBSP for this goodness...

Lawd a'mighty, that looks heavenly. First snow, I'm indulging. Because Maple.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I am not one to be afraid of chemicals and all that nonsense. But zero calorie peanut butter and ranch dressing - yeah even I am not going near that chemical nightmare. No thanks!

They have an all natural sugar free ranch too, made with monk fruit, It's passable for taste and I could live with it, but I also made a homemade sugar free ranch that tastes sooo much better although 75 calories a tbsp. I am considering mixing the two together as it would lower the calories in mine without adding any carbs.