BREAKFAST!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is stuff like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese.
    A banana with peanut butter is pretty tasty.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Cupcake tin: mix up 12 - 14 eggs and fill each cup about 3/4 of the way through. Add your choice of meat and veges. I usually use hillshire farms turkey sausage, peppers & onions. I like to saute the sausage and onions a bit before I add them to the eggs and bake until they are fully cooked.

Hard boiled eggs and string cheese are regular for my breakfast as well!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats if you like that sort of thing (it's not for everybody). My current breakfast is 60 grams of oatmeal, 1 packet Truvia, one serving (12 grams?) of PB2 all mixed together with 1/2 cup of almond milk. Then leave it to soak over night. When I'm ready to eat it I either put chocolate covered sunflower seeds in it or mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
  • jemmadock123
    jemmadock123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always batch cook English muffins, 1 egg crepe, 1 low fat Cumberland sausage chopped into slices with a little bit of low fat cheese. You can freeze them and keep them in the freezer for up to 6 weeks. Once ready to eat you only have to put them in the micro for 1:30 mins and that's you got a lovely breakfast. I always sit it on a bit of kitchen roll so the muffin will not get soggy. Works perfect. I also make them with lean bacon. xx
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    ynnirb48 wrote: »
    Great idea, @mylifeisbeautiful! Mind sharing how you cook your big batch of steel cut oatmeal?

I'm not that that poster, obviously, but I do something similar. My way of making a big batch is to put it in the slow cooker on Sunday afternoon.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today I had 4 oz homemade yogurt and 50g protein powder mixed in. I made the yogurt last weekend and the measuring and mixing of it today was quick.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    120g of cottage cheese or yogurt. Bam, breakfast. Need more calories? Add some fruit and/or pb2.

Have seen cottage cheese mentioned several times in this thread. I guess it's odd to me because I have always had it for lunch or dinner, but never considered it a breakfast food. Wonder how it would be with a side of eggs or with a bagel..hmm. I'm intrigued!
  • LisaJCox043
    LisaJCox043 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You may try the Spinach and Egg Breakfast Muffins. I just searched it online and cooked it with my oven at home. I found it very delicious and healthy for my breakfast.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe thru my Humana Newsletter. The original recipe called for raisins but I opted for dried blueberries, available at Walmart. I also started adding 1/3 cup of unsalted, in-kernel roasted pumpkin seeds.
    I just don't have time to cook each morning. A batch makes 10-12 cookies s a batch lasts just over a week. I warm them slightly in a toaster oven.
    They are quick and easy to make.

1½ cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup unsalted, toasted sliced almonds
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil, oil or coat with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
    2. Whisk together the oats, whole wheat flour, raisins, sunflower seeds, almonds, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
    3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened.
    4. Working in batches, use a ¼-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter and place on the prepared baking sheets, flattening slightly with the bottom of the measuring cup to create circles, about 3 inches in diameter. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie. If the batter starts to stick to the inside of the measuring cup, spray with cooking spray or simply wipe clean with a paper towel.
    5. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring the cookies to a wire rack.
  • fyree39
    fyree39 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating basic oatmeal with a single packet of fake sugar. I miss the raisins, butter and brown sugar. *sigh*
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ynnirb48 wrote: »
    Great idea, @mylifeisbeautiful! Mind sharing how you cook your big batch of oatmeal?

Hello! Yes- I cook it on the stovetop following the directions on the packet- but often replace part of the water with almond milk or regular milk. The initial cooking does take some time - around 20 minutes with regular stirring. But reheating on the stovetop is very quick -perfect for weekdays :)
    I should try the slow cooker method!
  • brianmcaloon
    brianmcaloon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Overnight Oats. I make them on Sunday nights for the week ahead.

http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/11/20/overnight-oatmeal-tutorial-20-delicious-overnight-oats-recipes/