Anyone find the protein requirement high?

Options
I eat no meat besides fish. I eat plenty of beans and other high protein vegetarian foods....and I struggle to get anywhere near the protein requirement this site shows.

However, I am spot on according to many other websites. I usually get around 40-50 grams per day.

Replies

• cagentry
    Options
    I eat no meat besides fish. I eat plenty of beans and other high protein vegetarian foods....and I struggle to get anywhere near the protein requirement this site shows.

However, I am spot on according to many other websites. I usually get around 40-50 grams per day.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    For me, the protein requirement is way too low......it says I need 62 g a day and I usually come in at well over 100..for carbs the opposite...it says I need 226 and I usually come in just over 100 and I have been losing real close to my goal of 1.5 per week but I have been doing alot of weight training (5-6 days a week) so ,,,I cannot imagine eating that many carbs or that low ono protein...I may be wrong but it is working for me....alot more energy and losing weight...

like any system based on generalities, it wont match you exactly

good luck
  • Grrowler
    Options
    Problem is most people don't get enough daily protein. I found a grreat product. it is 100% pasturized egg whites in a liquid form and safe. It's a naturaul protien with no powders or fillers and grreat for vegitareans. also it has no taste or smell so you can make chocolate milk with it:happy:

here check it out yourself.
    http://www.eggwhitesint.com/

I have health issues and needed to find a way to eat healthy including protien that wasn't going to make me feel weighd down like alot of meat, beans, and powders do. I just started so I'll keep you up on my success
  • cagentry
    Options
    Most of the literature I read says that people actually often get too much protein, unless they are competitive athletes. It can surely get confusing.

All I know is that I feel great with the way I eat now...I just need to eat less of it all!

Thanks, guys.
  • superduperbandnerd
    Options
    weird... I"m actually a vegan and I don't have a protein problem at all. Like yesterday I had spinach, nuts, mushrooms, peppers, and some WHLOE GRAIn (not whole wheat .... big diff) tortillas and my protien was just fine.
  • cagentry
    Options
    Oh my.

Please disregard my stupidity.

I, once again, was reading the stupid tracker backwards!

Yeah, I'm doing fine.

:laugh:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    I am having trouble staying under my carb and protien levels. I pre planned my meals and snacks for the day. I am 37 calories under, 37 under for fat, but am 11 g over for protien and 61 over for carbs. I am allowed 228 carbs and 62 protien.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Oh my.

Please disregard my stupidity.

I, once again, was reading the stupid tracker backwards!

Yeah, I'm doing fine.

:laugh:

woops! But did you know you can custom set your goals for specific nutritents, too? Under home, goals, change goals :flowerforyou:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Problem is most people don't get enough daily protein. I found a grreat product. it is 100% pasturized egg whites in a liquid form and safe. It's a naturaul protien with no powders or fillers and grreat for vegitareans. also it has no taste or smell so you can make chocolate milk with it:happy:

here check it out yourself.
    http://www.eggwhitesint.com/

I have health issues and needed to find a way to eat healthy including protien that wasn't going to make me feel weighd down like alot of meat, beans, and powders do. I just started so I'll keep you up on my success

Most people go UNDER? Where did you get that. I have only ever read that most people consume 2 to 3 times as much as they need. Americans eat WAY more protein than any other country and we're the fatest. You are eating fish, beans, nuts, your golden. Thats all good for you- don't stress about the fact that you aren't eating decaying animal flesh.