Needing more encouragement

Options
Hey, I've been using my fitnesspal for a little while now but I never log in to fill in my food/exercise diary. I only log in to update my weight really....I may just need to meet more people on here so that I could actually be more motivated to fill out my diaries....

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to fill out the diaries if you are having success. I really only use that part if I feel like I'm off track and I want to take a good hard look at what I've been doing wrong....but feel free to add me if you want!:flowerforyou:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Well, come on. Feel free to add me. I will do the best I can to motivate you. You really need to be logging your food and exercise too though. Don't slack on the whole weightloss thing, it only affects you adversely, not anyone else.
  • brookums71
    brookums71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with putting my food in. Just make yourself do it one day, it 'll become a habit. you can be my friend-i will encourage you!
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    They go hand-in-hand! The reason why I update my weight is BECAUSE I've been logging my food/exercise and seeing progress. It makes the biggest difference. And with MFP, there really are no excuses (which usually makes me like this >> :grumble: haha) They have pretty much EVERYTHING in their database...the tedious work has already been done for you!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Add me...if you miss ill email you and ask where the heck are ya...lol
  • lesliebean
    Options
    yea i logged in 2 months ago and created this. and then about a week ago (after losing about 10 pounds) i was like hm i should pay more attention to food. now im sorta addicted to logging it. i like knowing how much ive eaten and a general estimate of my progress, because most of the time its really good and makes me want to lose more.
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Why dont you try, every other day for awhile, you'll see your progress...trust me it will get habit forming. There are days when I havent had the time to add in my food and exercise but I'll write it down somewhere with the date...then add it on the following day. We're all here for support, you can add me if you like.:happy:
  • sf08003
    sf08003 Posts: 30
    Options
    Adding your food and exercise gives you better insight into your eating habits and calories consumed on a daily basis. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will be happy to encourage you in your efforts! We are all here for the same reason, glad you asked for help. :flowerforyou: