Snacks!!

Options
Bex953172
Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
Argh help!!
What healthy snacks do you go for?!

We have lots of chocolate and crisps in the house but I've just had a little bowl of raspberries blackberries and strawberrys instead (yay go me) and im still hungry even after my dinner!

So filling snacks.. what do you have?

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Apples, popcorn, watermelon and feta.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with peanut butter
    Sliced apple with peanut butter
    Rice cakes with hummus
    Cucumber and carrot sticks with hummus
    Greek yoghurt with berries
    Oatcakes with cottage cheese
    Nuts (in moderation)
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Regular oatmeal should be around 200 calories if you use unsweetened almond milk to mix. I have apple cinnamon for 170cals. Dried fruit will give you something to chew on for longer. (fruit jerky kind in strips)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Argh help!!
    What healthy snacks do you go for?!

We have lots of chocolate and crisps in the house but I've just had a little bowl of raspberries blackberries and strawberrys instead (yay go me) and im still hungry even after my dinner!

So filling snacks.. what do you have?

My wife buys these Ready Snax packs that have carrots and grapes and some pretzels and a few cubes of cheese...it's like 150 calories and convenient and healthy...I also like apples and peanut butter and sometimes celery and peanut butter. Pita chips and humus...sometimes Greek yogurt (but that's not a big regular thing for me)...

On another note, a snack really isn't something I look at to be "filling"...it's a little something to tide me over or give me a bit of an energy boost. And being a little bit hungry when you're dieting is pretty normal...but you can mitigate this to a large extent by eating foods that are satiating...for some people that's more protein...for some it's more fat...for others it's complex carbohydrates that have a lot of fiber. This is a process and just something you have to figure out as part of the process.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat regular, balanced full meals, so I don't usually get hungry between meals. But if I do, I eat whatever I want. I don't buy anything I wouldn't want to eat.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Almonds, popcorn, apples, hummus and pita bread (small ones), carrots, crackers.
  • saira1979
    saira1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think theres no real filling snacks on diets its a lie. Mix your fruit with something:

better have 5 small meals rather than 3 large (ppl dont always have time)

I usually have a protein shake add some chia seeds bit of berries if i can be bothered. I know its an added expense but i get bored easily with same options and whey protein is good post exercise and as a quick snack.

protein bar ( too expensive for me,google protein bar recipes but be mindful of cals andcarbs some recipes clearly arent for diets)

Apple, pear,figs, kiwi not too bad calorie wise. Better yet add a few slices or berries to 0 fat or lowfat cottage cheese .

cottage cheese is my go to between meals if im famished.

light cream cheese on ryvita or similar crisp bread with low cal or carb

pancakes made with porridge oats egg whites and cottage cheese ,really filling if youre hungry. Google a low cal recipe, i got it off another website but if i mention it here i could get in trouble, i think....

Just go easy with the sugar.

anythng with egg whites on a low carb or cal diet is a good filler

i need to go back look more snacks up too.

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    Pickles and olives are my goto if I don't have a lot of calories left for a snack. They are low-cal, but high in sodium if that's something you need to keep an eye on for any reason.
  • saira1979
    Options
    Also low fat or no fat small pots of yoghurt (skyr/ rowan glen and other brands available)sometimes i just have half save half for later depends on hunger. After dinner you might like it as a dessert
  • saira1979
    Options
    suzysunshine thanks for the olive suggestion, i was thinking olive oil high cals.. Im not crazy about them but theres a jar in the fridge, and since theyre not too calorific ill force them down. Might go well on ryvita with low fat cream cheese or if cals are scarce on their own!
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Stringless sugar snap peas, apples and a small serving of cheese or peanut butter, rice cakes and salads, cucumber with baby carrots and hummus, bowl of vegetable soup, half portion of pretzels and fancy mustard, cottage cheese with either fresh or freeze dried dill and chives, simple fruit salad of watermelon and grapefruit mixed in a bowl' little fresh mint, half a pita with a little hummus crammed with any veggies you'd like.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to's are cottage cheese and fruit, plain Greek yogurt with Nutella, roasted chickpeas, Triscuits and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, hard salami and crackers, vegetables and hummus.

Though I do not exclude the chocolate, cookies, chips (crisps), or things like that. I just have smaller amounts of them and fit them into my day.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone!
    I always get real hungry at night it's my worse time for munching!
    My OH (other half) has just told me we're going on holiday next year so must start sculpting a bikini bod haha
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Wow thanks everyone!
    I always get real hungry at night it's my worse time for munching!
    My OH (other half) has just told me we're going on holiday next year so must start sculpting a bikini bod haha

I hope he's working on his bikini body, too! :lol: