I *feel* like I'm eating a lot...

Options
It's the weirdest thing.

I am clearly eating less than I did before, but more and more, I keep on feeling as if I'm eating a lot. Sure, several times I'd eat as much as others, but other times, when I'm eating less than they do, I get the creeping suspicion that it's THEM eating MORE than they should and me eating a normal amount when I'm logging my food as 0.5 serving (I eat Korean food a lot, and it's really tough to log all the side dishes, so I just have 500 cal set as a normal serving).

I did notice a while back that I get full faster, but I keep on feeling as if I again extended my stomach or something. I'm hungry, I'd eat, and I'd get full, and keep thinking I ate more than I should have although I am always eating at least a little less than everyone else.

My weight has been going down slowly but surely, but then again I've been exercising regularly too. I keep on thinking I should be eating less...

Anyone experience something similar?

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Me too! I think we are just used to listening to our bodies where as most people scarf down food unconsciously! I used to eat until I felt sick.:sick:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    sounds about right. if you're willing to starve yourself with less calories then yes, the weight will come off quickly. but sounds like you're eating, exercising, and i guess somewhat enjoying your food. I'd say slow and steady, but if you want the weight to come off quicker then eat less, just make sure it's sustainable, meaning that's a way you can eat for a long time w/ out giving in to a big binge or going off the path completely. hope that helps.
  • cscoggins
    cscoggins Posts: 17
    Options
    I SO felt like that when I started MFP! I felt like I was forcing myself to eat so much more than I used to... then I read a few knowledgeable articles about eating habits and weight loss and discovered that what I used to do was send my metabolism into "starvation mode" every other day!! I would eat VERY little for a day or two (thinking it would help me lose weight) and then I would binge-eat for a day. My body would then turn ALL of the calories consumed on my binge-day into FAT, because it thought there was a scarcity of food. Eating more (healthy foods) more frequently and consistently throughout the day = weight loss and ENERGY! It keeps your metabolism steady. Hang in there! Eating "more" starts to feel more normal eventually... I think a big habit change also requires a big mental change. :)
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)

Funny thing, I ended up going way over my calories today after posting this last night -__-
    Not so heavy portion-wise, but somehow I ended up eating calorie-packed food. :(

Anyway, glad to hear I'm not alone in such sentiments! :)