Blisters

Options
I am really struggling with blistering on the sole of my foot. I've been following a walking routine and aiming at getting to five miles a day. I have the energy and the commitment to do it every day and am enjoying being much more active than previously. But I'm struggling with a huge blister on my foot. It starts at the base of my big toe and extends out into the sole of my foot. Today was the worst and I had to stop at 2.5 miles. I'm incredibly frustrated and disappointed. I have the energy to do so much more but this is preventing me from doing it because it hurts like hell and I'm worried that I'm just making it worse.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do next? Should I stop my routine in the hope that the blister will heal? Consider a new pair of shoes?

Replies

• lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I used to get blisters on the balls of my feet from walking. I happened to go into a Fleet Feet store to get new shoes, and the guy there said I needed better socks. I can't tell you which socks to get (he suggested a really pricey pair, but I went with some UnderArmor ones that he said were just as good), but you might try looking into it.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Moleskin. And get a nice pair of wool socks.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Moleskin is amazing!

I would also consider a new pair of shoes or a new pair of insoles for your current shoes. A running store near you should be able to help fit you to the correct insole/shoe for your walking/running gait.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Socks can make a massive difference so I'd try that as the cheapest thing to test first. Then move onto shoes if that doesn't resolve it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Moleskin and shoes that fit correctly.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Injinji toe socks.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Hydropel ointment [rub it all over my feet] + moleskin socks [thought they were miraculous after buying my first pairs in NZ@10 years old for hiking.
  • takesonetoknowone
    takesonetoknowone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)