I need help please!!!

Options
Ok, so last week, July 6th, I walked/jogged 5.8 miles. This is the most that I have jogged/walked at one time. My shoes were old and worn out. I developed a huge blister on the bottom of my foot. I didn't walk all week or weekend. Yesterday, my foot started feeling better, so I decided to walk this morning. I walked 3.3 miles, as I did not want to get another blister. When I got home, and took my socks off, I noticed that the skin was hanging off of the bottom of my foot (sorry for being so graphic). I have it wrapped up right now. What should I do? Is there anything to help it heal faster? Should I keep it wrapped up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

Replies

• alikitty11
    Options
    You need to get some 'compede' and cover it... then to prevent blisters once its healed use zinc oxide tape....
    Good luck
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Your blister popped! YAY! And it's not a big deal. When you wear shoes make sure you've got a band aid on it, when you're not let it breath. You can put neosporine on it if you want...I get blisters all the time (I need to get better socks) but I don't worry about them too much. If it hurts than you should do something else, I don't know what that is...I'm not a doc, I'm an girl who was a jock in high school and I just know what I did.
  • mstamilyn
    mstamilyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found with blisters that everychance you get you need to air it out. The moisture of your shoes and/or socks with keep it moist and take it longer to heal. Unless it's infected I wouldn't put anything on it either, treat it like a blister you'd get on your hand after yard work or a work out.
    I hope it heals quickly for you thats a real bummer. Also get a new pair of shoes quickly, but take it slow breaking them in or you'll have more problems and possibly more blisters!
    :) have a great day!
    Tami
  • dvp326
    dvp326 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Daniel,

I recently starting running/walking again. First and foremost, get yourself a good pair of running shoes. Invest the time and money to research a good pair and ask questions when you buy them. Also, I was just reading on a running website that a good pair of socks (NOT COTTON!) are crucial. I didn't know this and it surprised me. Cotton socks will get wet when your feet sweat, so make sure you ask about a good pair of breathable running socks when you get your shoes.

As for the blisters, that is certainly painful. I would definitey give your foot some time to heal and start up again when you have the right equipment. You will feel much better and your blisters will not continue to bother you.

Keep going at it! YOU can do this!

Take care,
    Dania
  • lindzlou17
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your blister. As a registered nurse I would recommend you wash it really well, put some hydrogen peroxide on it, followed by neosporin and wrap it very well! You need to prevent infection. MRSA can be a deadly bacterial infection that can get into your body via open wounds (I know, I had it). If you notice any pus or drainage you need to see a doctor. Get shoes that are properly fitting and don't do anymore running or walking on the treadmill until that is completely healed.

*This advice is not in place of a doctors advice.
  • pixidaisy
    pixidaisy Posts: 17
    Options
    Bandaid makes blister bandaids, they form like a second skin and will fall off when it is ready too (do not pull them off). I have used them in the past and my blisters healed fairly quickly .
  • dmorgan1469
    dmorgan1469 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did get some new shoes. i forgot to mention this previously. I wore them today when I walked. Thank you all for the good advice. I definately do not want it to get infected.
  • HOTGODDESS
    HOTGODDESS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I HAD A BLISTER LIKE THAT, BUT AFTER THAT IT POPPED IT GOT HOT AND SWOLLEN. MY ROMATE AT THE TIME SAID TO GO TO THE DR , THAT IT MIGHT BE AN ABCESS THAT NEEDED TO BE DRAINED......WELL NO, IT HAD GOTTEN INFECTED AND WAS SEPTIC AND I HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL AND GET IV MEDS! I AM SURE I AM A RARE CASE, BUT STILL BE CAREFULL!
  • ebilharz
    ebilharz Posts: 20
    Options
    I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago on my heel....It was a doozy of a popped blister, and I honestly didn't think it would heal for a week at least just because of the number of layers of skin I lost (that's gross.). Keep putting neosporin on it- and keep it clean! Your skin will heal in a few days!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    When I go hiking I make sure to bring moleskin. It's a sort-of bandage made specially for blisters that's soft on the outside and sticky on the inside so it adheres to your skin. Dr. Scholl's make some that you can probably get at your local supermarket or pharmacy. Just make sure to clean the blister well prior to bandaging.