Thanksgiving.. Are you ready?

Options
What are some of your plans to prepare yourselves for the feast of the year? Are you going to go nuts and eat all that you can? Or are you going to hang back and nibble?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating at maintenance. If that doesn't work out, not a huge deal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    CadenDavid wrote: »
    What are some of your plans to prepare yourselves for the feast of the year? Are you going to go nuts and eat all that you can? Or are you going to hang back and nibble?

I'm sure I'll be over calories, but I don't go crazy...I don't enjoy being "stuffed"...it's unpleasant. I will enjoy the day celebrating with my friends and family...it's one friggin' day...none of this is predicated on a singular day.

My wife and I have a 4 year standing tradition of doing the 5K Turkey Trot in the morning...then I will go home and start getting food ready...also, we don't really have much for breakfast on feast days, usually something fairly small...we'll start putting appetizers out around 1 and eat at 3 or 4...so basically I'm eating one large meal with some appetizers and a very small breakfast...no biggie.

And really most of what we're having is pretty healthy...I'm the cook...but really, we're talking about some lean poultry, several veggie options...some potatoes and sweet potatoes...pretty healthy...just don't go back for a gazillion helpings...just because it's a holiday doesn't mean you need to stuff yourself until you're sick.

• hawkmancody
    hawkmancody Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Going to be havin smoked turkey:D but beings as I intermittent fast I'll have plenty of calories for the meal :smile:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm not at all ready. The family usually just gets turkey from a restaurant, but I like to bake a few desserts and have no idea what to make.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Whether I eat at someone's house or go out to a restaurant, I get reasonable portions of my holiday favorites, eat them slowly and enjoy them, and have a nice slice of pumpkin or mince meat pie for dessert. I might even have a couple of thin slices of different desserts.

Key for me is, I enjoy everything, feel zero guilt, and I don't go overboard or get that awful "stuffed" feeling.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I am ready to eat until I burst! lol.. not really but I will be eating a lot. I'm currently about 11 lbs or more under my original goal weight so no way one day of debauchery will screw me up too much. ;) I'll probably do extra exercise the day before and the day of if there's time, but other than that I'll be eating what I want.
  • stephi9
    stephi9 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving sounds wonderful!!!! I see it in the movies :)
  • iiRenity
    iiRenity Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat as much as I want! I'll do my exercise before we leave, and log things, but I'm sure I'm going to be over.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Only 2 weeks on Keto , so I will be making some adjustments to my menu to include the things I can eat, but I will probably eat at my maintenance ...if I can eat that much this way....lol
  • stephi9
    stephi9 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm Australian so we don't have it
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    We will be going to Cracker Barrel. No second servings or leftovers for me. No complaints :)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big Thanksgiving food fan. I don't like turkey and most of the sides, so I usually just have a roll, stuffing and green bean casserole. Calorie wise it's no higher than a regular meal for me.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have no self control. I'll probably maintain a steep deficit the whole week and just go nuts that day and call it a maintenance week. Last year I really overdid it though and it took me so long to get the bloat down.