2016 End of the year HEALTHY challenge

Options
lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
Ok folks. I am not waiting until the holidays are over or until the first of the year to begin. This challenge starts tomorrow, November 9th and will go through Dec 31st. I believe that will be 53 days and yes it's a long challenge but I want whomever is going to join me to be committed and true to thyself. I need this and would love support from some other brave souls to join me. These are the rules.

1.Weigh yourself to begin and only on that day of the week there after.
2.Set a goal to journal your food here on MFP 5-7 days of the week and be sure to be honest about it weather it's a good day or bad day.
3.Set your exercise goal up and follow through by logging it on here as well. This is your own personal goal.
4.Name on here 3 positive changes you want to make and where you want to be on January 1st 2017.

I hope this is simple enough and at least 10 people will take me up on the challenge so that we will be well on our way in the new year to better health and be able to start a new challenge then. We can keep each other posted on here as well how we are doing and support each other.

This is my exercise goal and a true challenge for me because I have way more then 65 lbs to loose and some physical things really holding me back (long story short). I am setting a goal to exercise every day for at least 15-30 minutes daily. (My exercise of choice is swimming laps for an hour 3-4 days a week)

My 3 positive changes by the first of the year is this:
* Cut sugar and bad carbs from my diet * Make exercise a priority not a second thought *Eat for well being and not for any other excuse that comes my way.

SO WHO IS UP FOR MY CHALLENGE??

Replies

• KEPTBYGOD74
    KEPTBYGOD74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I also need to lose more than 65 pounds. The 3 positive changes that I want to make are: Start exercising at least 3 days a week for at least 30 minutes, eat 80% clean, and drink at least 64 ounces of water dault. I want to be consistent in my exercising and healthy eating by January 1st 2017. I look forward to this challenge.
  • juliasmith3
    juliasmith3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think these are amazing and realistic specs for a challenge! Would love to participate with you! My three personal goals are fairly simple: 1) walk as much as possible - to the park with kids every day, park at the end of a parking lot, lots of evening strolls 2)cut out that dang sugar- add good food back into my diet 3)beginning with low impact activity get back into a daily exercise routine. Thanks!
  • Drewell7
    Drewell7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is perfect for me! SW: 229 CW:215 GW:180

1. Lose 20 lbs by New Years
    2. Recommit to healthy eating=no carbs, no sugar, water, and limited alcohol.
    3. Finish chapters IV and V of my dissertation by end of November.
  • lms32164
    Options
    Super ladies! Let's do this! I am just learning how to do this challenge thing so bare with me. If we can keep supporting each other we can do this. I am fighting with myself daily to just behave. lol. Thank you all for taking me up on the challenge!
  • deecooker
    deecooker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge.. I need motivation and accountability! My personal goals are to eat less sugar and processed foods, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes and to listen to the little voices in my head that tell me that I don't need something...like ice cream! I had lost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers a little less than 3 years ago and only gained a few pounds back, however... inches have increased. Would like to see less of my waist when i look down.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh hopefully just caught this before I miss the deadline!

Sounds fab and a great way to keep each other motivated up to the dreaded gluttonous holiday season.

OK my 3 aims are; no drinking during the week / be able to run 7.5km (odd amount but important to me!) / lose 5lbs.

Let the countdown begin!
  • lms32164
    Options
    Ya know Skipper, maybe I should have set a deadline. I really wanted to be able to keep track of those I want to support. What'cha think girls?
  • juliasmith3
    Options
    A deadline will probably help you very much! Can we all add each other in the app?
  • lms32164
    Options
    Thank you Julia! Do you mean add as friends. I use a computer for my stuff and don't have a smart phone for an app.
  • Skipper111
    Options
    Yes great idea, I shall spam you all now with a friend request ;-)
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'll join in as well! I've been looking for a longer term challenge group.

1. I'll weigh in on Sunday's
    2. I'll start tracking today
    3. Aiming to exercise 3 days a week. Having a hard time fitting it in like I used to, so I will start small.
    4. Lose 15 lbs to start, drink more water and have more energy.
  • lms32164
    Options
    Welcome Chelsea!
  • juliasmith3
    Options
    lms32164 wrote: »
    Thank you Julia! Do you mean add as friends. I use a computer for my stuff and don't have a smart phone for an app.

Yes! Add as friends!
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not too late to join. I've been looking for a challenge to join, preferring to join a longer term one like this.

I weighed in this morning at 183.4 and will continue to weigh in on Thursdays. My goal weight is 154 (BMI of 24.9), but by 1/1/17 would like to weigh 175 or 176.

To that end I will: a) drink 8 glasses of water daily. b) stay under my calorie goal and not eat back exercise calories 5 days of 7. And c) walk 3 miles or more a day 5 days a week. After December 14, I will consider beginning to lift again.
  • lms32164
    Options
    You are welcome Frayde! I am not sure how to do this and I am waiting for one more possible joiner who is a friend of mine. I believe that will make 8 and I will say we are at a good number and we will not be accepting any more for the challenge. How does that sound girls? I hope you are all on board and ready to end our 2016 with a bang! :)
  • Skipper111
    Options
    Sounds ideal! Hope everyone is getting on well so far!??

On count down to the weekend which often goes one of two ways for me food wise. In a good frame of mind so hopefully keep well on track!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Hoping to go grocery shopping this weekend so I can prep some meals for next week. I used to prep every Sunday but have gotten so busy. No prep = no food, or just really bad food choices!
  • lms32164
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Completed my MyFitnessPal food diary today. Day 1.