What's Your Workout Routine?

Options
Hi Everyone!

I was just curious what everyones workout routines were like. So post your full workout routine. I'll start.

Cardio:
Treadmill: 5 minutes walking on 4.5
16 minutes running at 6.3-6.5
5 minute cooldown
Stretch
Elliptical: 38 minutes

Strength:
Abs: Leg lifts 3 sets of 15
Crab crunches 3 sets of 15
Side crunches 3 sets of 15
Side: 3 sets of 15 on each side holding a 12.5 lb weight
Back butterflys: 3 sets of 15 holding a 5 lb weight
Arms: 3 sets of 10 with two 5lb weights....arm from side to straight
3 sets of 10 with same weight.....arm from straight to above head.
Legs: 3 sets of 15 seated inner thigh push with 100lbs
3 sets of 15 seated outer thigh push with 80lbs
Stretch

Thats it finally. I only do the full workout 4 times a week....and then just the cardio part 3 times a week.

Your turn....

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    7 days a week:

run between 3-6 miles, elliptical, bodyrock.tv, 30DS, walking. <3
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    tredmill and cross trainer and walking :)
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    P90X, and I Bring it!
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    racquetball, 40-50 mins, 5 days / wk

(Elliptical, 450 cals OR 5k treadmill) 2 days / wk

Resistance training 2 or 3x / wk
    hammer curls
    bent over rows
    push ups
    planks
    side planks
    pull-ups
  • brvanover
    brvanover Posts: 52
    Options
    Right now it's:
    1) running a few times a week (2 or 3 short runs of 2-4 miles and 1 long run)
    2)Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown
    3)walking/jogging with my puppy
    4)playing tennis

Some weeks I do a combo of all of these, sometimes just one or two things.
    It all depends on what I feel like!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It totally varies. The fullest week I do, when I have the time is Monday - aerobics with resistance bands. Tuesday - 8km run. Wednesday - circuits. Thursday - 7k run. Friday - rest day. Saturday - 10k run. Sunday - circuits

But that is a very full week if my classes are on, the children are in school and I am not busy. During the school holidays none of my classes are on and I can only run at weekends as I have no childcare, so my week would be more like one 10k run at the weekend and maybe a 30DS or half hour on the rowing machine one evening.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Everyday around 10:00am :

mountain climbers - 3 sets of 30 seconds
    Push ups - 3 sets of 41
    Abs - 3 sets of 61
    Dumbbell biceps - 3 sets of 17
    Dumbbell triceps - 3 sets of 13

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Monday and Tuesday: Run 35 minutes, Stairs 20 Minutes, 1500 Meter Row (about 75 minutes and 600 cals)
    Wednesday - 1 hour with personal trainer - strength training
    Thursday - Spin Class 75 minutes - over 600 cals
    Friday - 1 hour with Personal trainer - strength training

Weekends are off :)
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I do a lot less than most of you guys, but I'm a beginner and I've never stepped foot in a gym -- I want to get more in shape before I even attempt the gym, especially after reading something on here about a person being grossed out by fat chicks at the gym. Uh, thanks for that, *kitten*, like people aren't self-conscious enough.

ANYWAY.

I try to do the 30 Day Shred every day except Sunday. I'm about halfway through level 2 now, and once I'm done, I'd like to try another video. I'm hoping to start C25K once it gets a little cooler out. I also walk for 20-40 minutes at 3.5mph during my lunch break on Monday-Friday. Some days I walk an additional 20-40 minutes after work, depending on the weather/my mood/other circumstances. Other days I attempt to following along with online pilates or yoga videos ... so far, I'm not too good at them, but I'll keep trying. Altogether, I try to get around an hour of exercise each day. I know it's not a lot, but it's better than nothing.

I used to run distance track when i was in high school, and one of my goals is to get back into that :)
  • misha3000
    misha3000 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have Zumba fitness for the Wii, I do Zumba for 20minutes every other day, 3 days a week. I also eat healthy choice cafe steamers for lunch and dinner. I went from 184 to 153 in 3 months!
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do Supreme 90 + 30 mins of walk or walk/run intervals (treadmill or outside)

I do the rest days for Supreme 90 but not the extra cardio. I try to do 30 mins cardio every day. But once in a while my schedule doesn't work.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    http://nrowfizs.blogspot.com/

Stage 1 (currently) - New Rules of Lifting for Women / Insanity hybrid
    Stage 2 - New Rules of Lifting (original) / Parkour hybrid
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    M-W-F
    20 minutes on the cross-trainer
    Arm Days (dips, chinups, shoulder press, etc.)
    Ab Days (sit ups, push ups and ball exercises)

T-S-S
    1 hr walk at 5mph.

I don't really do leg exercises, I feel I get quite enough with the walking and cross trainer.
  • Msladynita
    Msladynita Posts: 11
    Options
    Good stuff guys! Squigglypuff, don't feel bad. It took me MONTHS before I could do what I do now. I couldn't even run for a minute! And I only run for 16 minutes straight now. I'm not a good runner but I'm also a smoker. Once I quit smoking I'd love to become a runner. They're so fit!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Mine changes a lot. Right now I am doing JM 30 Day Shred (L2 D7) first thing every morning. Zumba 1x per week. I also go to the gym 3 days per week (havent been able to because my dang car broke down, 1 car family for a couple more weeks). At the gym I do 3 circuits on the weights (legs, abs, arms) and do an hour on the elliptical set on resistance intervals and a level 7. On the days I can't make it to the gym (I work out 6 days per week) I walk outside, do intervals on the treadmill or do an excercise DVD for no less than one hour. DId any of that make sense??
  • Scrogdor
    Scrogdor Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in the gym 5 days a week. Being in the military I run a physical fitness program every morning for 2 hours. While I get people on the track to a habitual workout routine and a healthy lifestyle of eating I do my own workout.

30 minutes on the elliptical for average of 500+ calories burned.
    30 minutes on the treadmill, speed 4, incline 8+ for an average of 350+ calories.

Then I go back in the afternoon and sit on the elliptical for another hour and watch a movie on my phone or something and normally hit above 1000 calories every time.

Then every other day is some sort of random muscle conditioning, be it abs, arms, chest, or back...to help keep it tone while the fat comes off.
  • hsquared87
    hsquared87 Posts: 73
    Options
    I do strength training Mon, Wed, Fri. At the moment I am doing rebel fitness from the nerd fitness website. I do all body weight strength training. I try to do my 10 min solutions body band pilates 2 times a week. I always tell myself I'm only going to do 20 mins and end up doing the full 50 because I like it so much. I also run/walk on the treadmill 2 times a week.

Monday : Strength /Abs
    Tuesday: run/walk pilates
    Wednesday: Strength
    Thursday: run walk pilates
    Friday: Strength/ Abs
    Sat/ sun: 8 mile bike ride or walks and or kayaking the weekends are for fun stuff!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    HIIT cardio -6x week
    Weight train one muscle group (legs 2x) each week with reps from 15-25 for 3-5 sets.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    different each day
    crosstrainer
    zumba
    heavy bag
    walking
    treadmill
    row machine

some free weights and some machine gym weights

I get a min of 60 min. per day for 6days a week sometimes 7 but I normaly take one day off
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Mon: Jog for 45 mins, walk 15
    Tues: Zumba
    Wed: HIIT (running)
    Friday: Jog 45 mins, walk 15
    Saturday: walk for an hour