*Ladies only* ToM and staying on track...

Options
It is so hard to stay focused when you are having a visit from Aunt Flo. All I want to do is eat chocolate and curl up on the couch. I have been able to stay under my calorie goal each day while incorporating some chocolatey treats to comfort me during this stressful visit. I am ready for dear Aunty to go visit another one of her other nieces.

Do you manage to stay on track during your ToM?

What are your cravings during ToM?

Replies

• XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I just got through with my TOM... I was craving chocolate too! I just ate me some hershey kisses or sugar free pudding. That seemed to calm my cravings a little bit. I managed to stay on track. I ended up losing 3 pounds when I was so worried about it!!!
  • maparapa22
    maparapa22 Posts: 23
    Options
    I feel you!!! I normally try to really just use my exercise as a way to combat the cravings. I will give myself ONE day only where I allow myself to go over...it's better to acknowledge it than hide it I say :) Keep up the great work :)
  • militarywife100
    Options
    i havent had a period yet since i started MFP......hopefully it wont be too bad....its due any day now and i dont feel overly hungry for snacks........
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I have a really hard time staying on track during TOM...all I want to do is sleep and eat crunch salty things like pita chips and popcorn!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate, chili, burger, pizza, you name it...I want it. lol

I stay on track more often than I slip up. When I first started this journey, I slipped alot but now, I remind myself that PMS is NOT a disease that causes your hand to shove food in your mouth.
  • hannahbaby417
    Options
    There are really great sugar-free chocolate candies out there. When I'm craving chocolate, they always hit the spot. Esp. during Tom's visit. Just don't eat too many of them or they'll make your stomach not feel well. Stick within the serving size and you'll be great.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It's craving day for me *sigh* I want it all doesn't matter what it is! bad thing too is that I feel pretty drained and my head hurts more than usual which hurts my workouts :(
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    For some reason I have no problems staying on track during shark week:laugh: LOL

One thing I do is buy a bag of tootsie pops and eat one per day during shark week, usually after lunch or dinner for a sweet snack. Plus they are somewhat low cal to other things you could be eating. Or I eat 60 cal nonfat pudding snacks... YUM
  • stephaluphagus
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm a few days away from Auntie visiting me..and the chocolate craving is already starting..ONLY time I ever want chocolate..grrr...I usually want candy bars..like rollos or snickers...and as of late it's been snickers ice cream bars. I'm usually good about staying away from these things..but I do cave....I try to share something with my hubby so I don't over do it though..chocolate soy milk is a big help!
  • angstypirates
    angstypirates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Honestly, since I've started exercising regularly (about 7 months now), I NEVER get cramps, and I used to get them horribly for about a 24 hour period. I rarely get tired or cranky and my PMS has diminished significantly. My skin is clearer (month-long, but particularly around period time), my periods are shorter, and my pain is diminished. I've always just made myself get out there -- even if it's walking or pilates. The endorphins usually help SO much.

Also? Ladies? If you legitimately get cravings, y'all should get some all-natural super dark chocolate. One square is so rich it will curb your cravings, anddd it has its proven health benefits. Healthy eating =/= deprivation.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I was just talking about this the other day, I get really bad cramps so I just curl up too:sick: If I decide to exercise it will only be walking, I won't jogg, or do my yoga....and my cravings are horrible, I crave greasy foods :blushing: but I'll only allow myself breads like Pb&j sandwiches and toasted buttered bread :) yep, TOM is a pain!:grumble:
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I was at a Festival, amusement park , and restaurant during the week of mine. I actually resisted every urge because my calories would not allow for deviation haha.Usually I get crazy for chocolate or really unhealthy foods. I did snag some emerald cocoa almond 100 calorie packs just in case and they are delicious!

I do make myself run because if I take a week off I might loose my drive. Gotta keep going :)
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    Chocolate!! and pastry, and anything carb heavy.

I did pretty good considering I'm not supposed to workout during because of recent procedures and iron levels. I really struggled toward the end (just yesterday). I even ate 1/4 of a chocolate bunny while i had the calories, but it made me feel so sick!!!
  • Catheline1
    Catheline1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Bethany!

I don't really have a hard time staying on track. I crave salt during this time and so I usually allow myself one salty treat: a bag of salted plantain chips. Then I try to drink lots of water to make it seem like I am full and the cravings aren't so bad. But being on MyFitnessPal has really curbed my appetite during this time because I know I'm calorie counting . .
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I just started mine for the first time since I've been using MFP and weighing so I'm interested to see how it affects my weight loss. I haven't had any cravings as of yet, but I'm going to try and stick with the plan and exercise as well!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Midol complete...and sex lol
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    for the first 3 months i did great! this month however i craved everything under the sun! not to mention i was hungry the entire week before (has NEVER happened). so i ate my maintenance cals, it was the best i could do with how i was feeling :(
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    I hate TOM!!! I get cramps so bad it's hard to get out of bed and what I call my "menstrual monster" makes me want to eat everything in sight!!! Sometimes it is chocolate, others very specific cravings...one month, I wanted White Castles so bad that when I bit into a burger,after fighting the craving for a couple of day, I cried!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL I am coming up on the first time since joining MFP, so I'm hoping things will be better. All the junk is out of the house (which the 6 year old complained about this evening), and that should help. All that's left is sugar free stuff or low cal goodies. Good luck to us all!!
  • nobrainer4389
    Options
    Im on the depo shot and I dont get my friend every month but I do get it every 3 months nd it lasts about 3 weeks, so I do get cravings for chocolate horribly. My boyfriend tells me that its worse than when I was pregnant. However, around the time that I would get it every month i still get the cravings, so I do find it very hard to stay on track when Im craving chocolate and coke. I have been finding it extremely hard trying to find ways to eat healthier snacks to soothe those cravings. Any Suggestions?
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have all TOM symptoms but no actual visit from Auntie..as I had an endometrial ablation two years ago. But I still get the bloating and cravings and this time I got a little discouraged and sad..I remedied that today by turning on some KId Rock and dancing like crazy during my work out...I'm even more bloated but I feel emotionally better...to help curb my craving I eat a bowl of oatmeal..it's so filling that I don't even think about eating anything for a while after..just a trick..I add a little cinnamon in the oatmeal.

But earlier seriously, I wanted to mix up a batch of brownies just to eat the raw batter...I managed to resist!